Recent versions of Windows have a feature to create a system repair disc to repair your computer when you can no longer boot into Windows. A system repair disc contains recovery options that can help you fix your computer from serious errors. Therefore, it is important to create a system repair disc when your computer is “healthy” from problems. Note that you can create a system repair disc only for the version of the operating system you are using.
It is recommended to create a system repair disc for future system troubleshooting.
Follow these steps to create a system repair disc:
Step 1. Open the “System Repair Disk” creator program.
Windows 7 and Vista
How to Create a System Repair Disc in Windows 7 or Vista
Click on the “Start” menu and in the “Search” field “re disk” and then click “Enter“.
How to create a system repair disc in Windows 8.
1. Right click on the screen lower left corner and select from the pop-up menu “Running”.
2. In the “Start” field, type: “re disk” and then “OK“.
Step 2: Create a system repair disc.
1. When the following window appears on your screen, insert a blank CD or DVD into your drive and click “.Create a disk“.
2. When the CD/DVD creation is complete, remove the disc from your CD/DVD RW drive and then label it and store it in a safe place for future use*.
* If you want to learn how to use a system repair disc, read this post.