If you want Windows to perform at its best, you should always make sure that you only run the applications you need when you start Windows. This guide may be useful for computers that have had the operating system installed a long time ago, but it is also useful for computers that have recently been purchased. (new computers) or computers that have recently reinstalled Windows. And I will say that in my experience, I often see computers that delay startup because they run a lot of unnecessary programs during startup, even new computers that come pre-installed from the manufacturer.
More specifically, many Windows laptops and desktops come with junk software (package) that runs when Windows starts up and prevents the operating system from loading quickly and slows down the computer. But not all preloaded programs are useless. Some preloaded software is necessary for your computer to function properly because it may contain hardware drivers that are critical to the operation of the computer.
In this article, you can learn how to find and remove unnecessary programs that run in the background of Windows and make your computer run slower and sometimes cause performance problems.
How to speed up your computer.
Note: Please note that this article is written based on my experience to help individual users speed up their computers at no cost. Below is the software “unnecessary” in my opinion. If you are not sure whether a program is necessary or not, consider Google as your best friend and search about this program before uninstalling it. Please suggest any other program that is right for your computer. you don’t think it’s necessary for it to work.
Step 1. Remove all unnecessary programs that run when Windows starts.
Many computer vendors sell their PCs with preloaded software that your computer doesn’t need to run. This software may include trial software (such as Antivirus, Internet Security suites, Backup suites, etc.) or other software promoted by the manufacturer. On the other hand, many software programs downloaded from the Internet promote and install additional programs on your computer that can run when Windows starts.
To ensure that Windows loads only the programs it needs at startup, you need to control which applications run when Windows starts. To accomplish this task, I prefer to use a free utility called CCleaner it makes it easier. CCleaner the utility also helps you to easily clean all temporary Internet files, remove junk files (recycle bin, temp, etc.) from your computer and clean your computer’s registry from incorrect or missing issues. A fully detailed article on how to set up and maintain your computer CCleaner you can find it here.
1. Download it and run CCleaner.
2. Yes CCleaner main window, select Tools from the left panel and then click Start up.
3. Yes Windows tab and then Delete Any junk program from Windows Startup.
In the following list you will find some programs that (in my opinion) are not required to start when Windows starts:
Adobe ARM (Adobe Update)
Nero in front
Google Drive *
McAfee® Internet Security Suite trial version
McAfee Security Scan Plus
Norton antivirus trial version
Norton Internet Security trial
SunJavaUpdateSched (Java Update)
* Can be started manually if needed.
4. Close CCLeaner and restart your computer. If your computer is working properly, you can completely remove (remove) the unnecessary entry from Windows startup. To do this, open CCleaner again, go to Tools > Start up & in Windows tab, select the unwanted entry and delete it.
Step 2: Remove junk and unnecessary programs from your computer.
Once you’ve removed the unnecessary programs from Windows Startup, it’s time to completely remove all crapware from your computer. To do this, open the Windows Control Panel and remove any malicious (useless) programs listed below*.
* If you don’t know how to remove programs from your computer, read this guide.
Drive Encryption for HP ProtectTools
Face recognition for HP ProtectTools
HP Device Access Manager
HP Drive encryption
HP support assistant
Lenovo Solution Center
McAfee Internet Security Suite (trial)
McAfee Security Scan Plus
Microsoft Office (trial version)
Norton Internet Security (trial)
Norton Laptop Review
TOSHIBA bulletin board
TOSHIBA is a familiar face
WildTangent Games or WildTangent Game Console
Additional help: If you have problems uninstalling the program from your computer, you can try the Geek Uninstaller utility. Geek uninstaller is a powerful free utility for uninstalling programs from your computer if you can’t uninstall them using the Windows uninstall feature. Detailed instructions for use Geek uninstaller you can find the utility here.
Step 3: Disable unnecessary services.
Many third-party services running in the background are unnecessary for your computer to function normally, and it’s best to disable them to have a faster computer. For example, Google Update is not essential for Google to run smoothly. Also, Firefox works fine without the Mozilla Maintenance Service running. To control which services start when Windows starts:
1. Click at the same time Windows + R buttons to open the run command window.
2. Enter the following in the Run command window: msconfig & press Enter.
3. select Services Tab.
4. click on choose the Select the Hide all Microsoft services check box.
5. In the list of services provided, remove the mark Any service that is not required to work with Windows *
* It is not easy to find which service to disable. But remember that Google is your friend. Use it to search and find if the service is needed or not. Below is a list of some of the services I have disabled on my system:
Adobe Acrobat Update Service
Cyberlink RichVideo Service (CRVS)
Google Update Service (Update)
Google Update Service (Update)
NBService (Nero AG)
TeamViewer (unless you use Teamviewer for unattended access).
6. press OK and restart your computer.
7. Now check if your computer is running smoothly. If the program is not working properly, repeat the above procedure, but this time check to enable the corresponding disabled service.
Step 4: Scan your computer for malware.
Finally, follow the steps described in this guide to easily scan and remove malware from your computer.
Read more: Ten tips to keep your computer fast and healthy.