“Look for a new tab” is an adware and hijacker that changes your browser’s homepage and search settings to redirect your browsing results to ads from unknown developers.
“Look for a new tab” can be installed in common Internet browsers (Internet Explorer, Chrome or Firefox) and it is installed on the user’s computer as bundled software inside other free programs that he downloads and installs from unknown Internet sources. can be For this reason, you should always pay attention to the installation options of any program you want to install.
To delete “Look for a new tab” browser settings from your computer, Follow the removal instructions below:
How to remove SearchNewTab browser hijacker from your computer:
Step 1. Remove SearchNewTab from Control Panel.
1. To do this, go to:
- Windows 8/7/Vista: Start > Control Panel.
- Windows XP: Start > Settings > Control Panel
2. Double click to open
- Add or remove programs if you have Windows XP
- Programs and features if you have Windows 8, 7 or Vista.
3. Find in the list of programs and Delete / Delete the following programs:
- Look for a new tab
- Search assistant WebSearch
- Also remove other unknown or unnecessary applications from your computer.
Step 2: Clean the remaining registry entries with AdwCleaner.
1. Download and save the AdwCleaner utility to your desktop.
2. Close all open programs and Double click to open “AdwCleaner” from your desktop.
3. Click on “Scanning“.
4. Click when the scan is complete “Clean” to remove all unwanted malicious entries.
4. Click on “OK” at “AdwCleaner – Info” and “OK” again to restart your computer.
5. When your computer restarts, near “AdwCleaner” information (reading) window and proceed to the next step.
Step 3. Delete “SearchNewTab” advertising program Settings from your internet browser.
Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox
How to remove “SearchNewTab” advertising program Settings from Internet Explorer.
1. From the main menu of Internet Explorer: “Tools ” and select “Internet Options“.
2. At”General” tag, turn off any incoming homepage (eg http://websearch.youwillfind.info/) from “Homepage” box & type homepage of your choice (eg www.google.com)
3. At”to searchClick the “section” buttonSettings“. *
Note*: If you want to change the search settings in the main window of Internet Explorer, just click “.Device” symbol (in the upper right corner) and select “Add-on management“.
4. on”Search for providers“options, select and”Set as default” from any incoming search provider (for example, ” another search provider (for example, “Google”)Web search“).
5. Then choose an unnecessary search provider (for example, “Web search”) and click Turn off.
6. Select “Toolbars and Extensions”. in the left panel.
6a. Choose and Delete (one by one) all incoming extensions:
- “WebSearch Assistant“
7. Close all Internet Explorer windows and restart Internet Explorer.
8. Continue Step 4.
How to remove “Search NewTab Settings from Google Chrome.
1. Open Google Chrome and go to the Chrome menu and select “Settings“.
2. on”Start upSelect ” from the ” sectionPages setup“.
3. Delete any unwanted web page (eg “http://websearch.youwillfind.info/“) from the launch pages by pressing “Xicon on the right.
4. Set your favorite home page (eg http://www.google.com) and “OK“.
5. underAppearanceIn the ” section ” check to enableShow home button” option and “Change“.
6. Delete any unwanted web page (eg “http://websearch.youwillfind.info/“) to “Open this page” box.
7. Type (if you want) web page of your choice to open when you press the buttonHomepage” button (eg www.google.com) or leave this field blank and “OK“.
8. Go to “to search“section and select”Manage search engines“.
9. Choose your favorite default search engine (e.g. Google search) and “Set as default“.
10 Then choose an unnecessary search engine (for example, “Web search”) and remove it by pressing the buttonXon the right is the “sign.
11. selectExtensions” on the left.
12. Remove unnecessary extension “Search New Tab” from here by pressing the buttonrecycling symbol” To the right.
13. Close all open windows and restart Google chrome.
14. Continue Step 4.
How to remove SearchNewTab search settings From Mozilla Firefox.
1. Click on“Firefox” Click the menu button at the top left of the Firefox window and select “Options“.
2. “atGeneral” tag, turn off any incoming homepage (eg “http://websearch.youwillfind.info/“) from “Homepage” box, enter your preferred home page (eg http://www.google.com).
Click on “OK” when finished.
3. From the Firefox menu, select “Tools” > “Add-on management“.
4. Choose “Extensions” on the left and then remove the unnecessary “Search for new tab” by clicking on the extension, “Turn off” button.
6. Close all Firefox Restart Windows and Firefox.
7. go to The next step.
Step 4. Clean from your computer malicious threats.
Download and installation is one of the most trusted FREE anti-malware software available today to clean your computer of remaining malicious threats. We recommend installing Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO if you want to be constantly protected against malware, existing and future threats:
Removes Spyware, Adware and Malware.
Start your free download now!
1. run”“Malwarebytes Anti-Malware” and if necessary, allow to update the program to the latest version and the malicious database.
2. When “Malwarebytes Anti-Malware” main window appears on your screen, “Perform a quick scanClick “choose an option and then”.Scanning” and let the program scan your system for threats.
3. Click when the scan is complete “okay” close the information message and then press the “Show Results” press the button view and take down Malicious threats have been found.
4. In the Show Results window check – using the left mouse button – all infected objects and then select “Remove the selection” option and allow the program to remove the selected threats.
5. After the process of removing the infected items is complete“Reboot your system to properly remove all active threats”
6. continue to The next step.
Tip: To keep your computer clean and safe, Run Malwarebytes anti-malware full scan in Windows “Safe Mode”..*
*To enter Windows Safe Mode “F8” button before the Windows logo appears when your computer starts up. When “Windows advanced options menu” appears on your screen, use the keyboard arrow keys to navigate Safe mode and then click “INTRODUCTION“.
Step 5. Clean up unwanted files and entries.
Use “CCleaner” and continue clean your system is temporary Internet files and invalid registry entries.*
*If you don’t know how to install and use “CCleaner”, read these instructions.