Swagbucks.com is a browser hijacker that changes the default homepage and search settings to “”.http://Search.swagbucks.com” Without user permission in popular web browsers such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. In fact, swagbucks.com The hijacker modifies your browser settings to redirect you to view ads and earn money from their publishers.
Search.swagbucks.com hijacker is designed to change your browser settings and may install additional plug-ins (toolbars, extensions or add-ons) to your web browser to advertise other links or products. Browser hijackers can redirect a user’s computer to malicious websites like this or install malware to expose the user’s computer to security risks.
Technically “Search.swagbucks.com ” is not a virus and is classified as malware (“Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP)” may contain and install malicious software such as adware, toolbars, or viruses on your computer. If your computer is infected with “.Search.swagbucks.com ” hijacker, then more pop-up ads, banners, and sponsored links are displayed on the victim’s computer screen or inside the Internet browser, and in some cases, the computer’s speed may slow down due to malware running in the background.
Search.swagbucks.com The hijacker is likely to be installed without the user’s knowledge because it is usually bundled with other freeware that is downloaded and installed from popular websites such as “.download.com (CNET)”, “Softonic.com”, and so on. For this reason, you should always pay attention to the installation options for any software you install on your computer, as many software installers include additional software that you may not want to install. . Simply put, DO NOT INSTALL ANY IMPORTANT SOFTWARE that comes with the software installer of the program you are trying to install. Specifically, when you install the program on your computer:
- “DO NOT PRESSThe next one” button is very fast on installation screens.
- PLEASE READ AND ACCEPT THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY.
- ALWAYS CHOOSE: “Special” installation.
- REFUSE to install any suggested add-on software that you do not want to install.
- Turn ON any options that indicate that your home page and search settings will be changed.
How to remove Search.swagbucks.com and SwagBucks toolbar from your computer:
Step 1. Turn off SwagBucks Dashboard From your control panel.
1. To do this, go to:
- Windows 7 and Vista: Start > Control Panel.
- Windows XP: Start > Settings > Control Panel
- Click on “Windows” + “RClick the ” button to download Running dialog box.
- write “control Panel” and press Enter.
2. Double click to open:
- Add or remove programs if you have Windows XP
- Programs and features (or “Uninstall the program”) if you have Windows 8, 7 or Vista.
3. When the program list appears on the screen:
1. Sort the displayed programs by Install date (click Installed) and then find and Delete (delete) any unknown software installed on your system recently.
2. Also, remove any of these malicious apps:
- SwagBucks Dashboard
- SB Toolbar
Step 2: Remove Search.swagbucks.com search settings using “AdwCleaner”.
1. Download the AdwCleaner utility and save it to your desktop.
2. Close all open programs and Double click to open “AdwCleaner” from your desktop.
3. After receiving “License AgreementClick the “, ” buttonScanning” button.
4. Click when the scan is complete “Clean” to remove all unwanted malicious entries.
4. Click on “OK” at “AdwCleaner – Info” and “OK” again to restart your computer.
5. When your computer restarts, near “AdwCleaner“ information (reading) window and proceed to the next step.
Step 3 – Remove Search.swagbucks.com from Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox.
To ensure this Search.swagbucks.com search settings have been completely removed from your Internet browser, return your Internet browser settings to their default values.
Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox
Remove Search.swagbucks.com from Internet Explorer
1. From the main menu of Internet Explorer: “Tools ” and select “Internet Options“.
2. Click onComplicated” label.
4. (to enable).Delete personal settings” box and “Reinstall“.
5. After the recovery process is complete, clickShut down” and then select “OK” to exit Internet Explorer options.
6. Close all windows and restart Internet Explorer.
Remove Search.swagbucks.com from Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome and go to the Chrome menu and select “Settings“.
2. Look at the end of the “Settings” options and click on the button “Show advanced settings” link.
3. Scroll down the entire page and “Reset browser settings” button.
4. Click on “Reinstall” button again.
5. Restart Google chrome.
Remove Search.swagbucks.com from Firefox.
1. From the Firefox menu, select “help me” > “Troubleshooting information“.
2. “atTroubleshooting information” window, click “Restore Firefox” button Reset Firefox to its default state.
3. Click on ““Reset Firefox” again.
4. Firefox will restart when the restore is complete.
Step 4. Remove Search.swagbucks.com with an unwanted program removal tool.
1. Download and run JRT is a tool to remove unnecessary programs.
2. Click any button to start scanning your computer”JRT is a tool to remove unnecessary programs“.
3. Be patient while JRT checks and cleans your system.
4. Close the JRT log file and then restart your computer.
Step 5. Remove Search.swagbucks.com infection with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free.
Download it and installation is one of the most trusted FREE anti-malware software available today to clean your computer of remaining malicious threats. We recommend installing Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium if you want to be constantly protected against malware, existing and future threats:
Removes Spyware, Adware and Malware.
Start your free download now!
Quick download and installation instructions:
- After clicking on the above link, “Start my free 14-month trial” option you can download.
- To install FREE version uncheck this amazing productActivate the free trial version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium” option on the final installation screen.
Scan and clean your computer with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
1. run”“Malwarebytes Anti-Malware” and if necessary, allow to update the program to the latest version and the malicious database.
2. When the update process is complete, “Scan nowClick ” to start scanning your system for malware and junk.
3. Now wait for Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to finish scanning your computer for malware.
4. When the scan is complete, “Quarantine allClick ” to remove all found threats.
5. Wait for Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to remove all infections from your system and then restart your computer (if required by the program) to completely remove all active threats.
6. After the system reboots, Run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware again to check that no more threats remain on your system.
Tip: To keep your computer clean and safe, Run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware full scan on Windows”Safe mode“. Detailed instructions on how to do this can be found here.
Step 6. Clean up unwanted files and entries.
Use “CCleaner” and continue clean your system is temporary internet files and invalid registry entries.*
*If you don’t know how to install and use “CCleaner”, read these instructions.