Skype.dat is a malicious program that infects your computer with “Skype.dat” virus, your computer is locked and you can no longer work with it. The Skype.dat It acts like other ransomware viruses (Trojan:W32/Ransom) like FBI Police virus and asks you to pay $100 or more to unlock your computer, otherwise your computer will remain locked. “Skype.dat” virus no connection with the popular Skype messaging program and infects your computer after you visit malicious web pages or download and install malicious software. When “Skype.dat“when a virus infects your computer, it drops two files into the user profile roaming folder: “skype.dat” and “skype.ini“. Full path of infected files:
Windows 8, 7, Vista
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\skype.dat
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\skype.ini
You should remove the skype.dat virus as soon as possible before it does more damage to your computer.
You can easily remove Skype.dat and unlock your computer by following these steps:
How to remove “Your computer is locked” or “white screen” (Skype.dat) virus:
Step 1. Download RogueKiller
1. From another computer download it and storage RogueKiller utility to a USB flash drive.
Note*: Download version x86 or X64 If you remember, according to the version of the affected operating system, otherwise download both versions to your USB flash drive.
Step 2. Start the affected computer in Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
1. Start your infected computer and press the button while the computer is starting up “F8” Press the button before the Windows logo appears.
2. Select using the arrow keys “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” option and press “Enter“.
3. Type “” in the command prompt window.researcherClick the “and” buttonEnter“.
Step 3. Clean your computer with RogueKiller
1. Connect the USB drive to the infected computer and optionally copy “Rogue Killer” desktop utility.
2. Double click to run Rogue Killer. Allow the preview to finish and then click “ScanningClick ” to perform a full scan.
7. When the full scan is complete, click “Delete” delete all button”Gendarme“malicious objects found.
8. Once the “RogueKiller” removal process is completerestart your computer and now normally you can log into Windows without any lock problems. Keep going to the next stage.
Step 4. Clean your computer from remaining malicious threats.
Download and install MalwareBytes Antimalware to clean all remaining malicious threats from your computer.*
*If you don’t know how to install and use”MalwareBytes Anti-Malware“, read these instructions.
Tip: To keep your computer clean and safe, Run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware full scan in Windows “Safe Mode”..*
*To enter Windows Safe Mode “F8” button before the Windows logo appears when your computer starts up. When “Windows advanced options menu” appears on your screen, use the keyboard arrow keys to navigate Safe mode and then click “INTRODUCTION“.
Step 6. Delete Skype.dat (Computer Locked) infected files.
1. press Start Button and turn on Search field (Launch) Type: %applications information%
2. From your Roaming folder:
Windows 8, 7, Vista: C:\Users\
Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\
Delete the following two files, if any: “skype.dat” & “skype.ini”.
Step 5. Clean up unwanted files and entries.
Use “CCleaner” and continue clean your system is temporary internet files and invalid registry entries.*
*If you don’t know how to install and use “CCleaner”, read these instructions.