If you’re having trouble and your GIFs or images aren’t working in Microsoft Teams, don’t worry—you’re not alone! This is a common problem faced by many people and in this guide, we will show you the best solutions to help you solve the problem.
Microsoft Teams has recently become the pinnacle of video conferencing and remote collaboration. Despite its flaws, the product has been a success for businesses looking for a more professional collaboration app, especially when most employees work from home.
In addition to video calling and collaboration, Teams can also be used to transfer images, GIFs, audio, and video. However, some users have reported that they are unable to send GIFs or images through Microsoft Teams.
How to fix: Images or GIFs not working in Microsoft Teams.
Before trying any of the advanced methods below, it’s a good idea to run some basic troubleshooting tools first.
- Check your internet connection: One of the most common reasons for GIFs or images not working in Microsoft Teams is a poor internet connection. Make sure your connection is good before proceeding. The simplest way to check if your internet connection is working is to load different websites in your browser. You can also check if other programs are running on your computer that require network access.
- Check if the Teams servers are working fine: Another reason why GIFs or images don’t work in Teams could be that the Microsoft Teams servers are down. You can quickly check the status of the servers by visiting the Office 365 service status page.
- Check the image file type: The next step is to check the file type of the image you want to send. Microsoft Teams only supports a few specific file types, such as GIF, JPEG, PNG, and BMP. So if you try to send an image in a different format, Microsoft Teams may not be able to process it.
Method 1. Fix Teams GIFs/images not working by restarting MS Teams.
Sometimes just completely uninstalling and restarting Microsoft Teams can solve the problem you are experiencing. And so,
1. Exit From your Teams account.
2. Right click On the Teams icon on the taskbar and Exit MS teams. (This also clears the cache quickly)
3. Reopen Teams and see if the issue is resolved.*
*Note: Some users have also reported that when they open Microsoft Teams with administrator rights, the problem does not occur. (Right click enabled Microsoft Teams > Run as administrator).
Method 2. Clear the Microsoft Teams cache.
If you have been using Microsoft Teams for a long time, the program may have accumulated a lot of cache data. This cache data can sometimes cause problems with the app, such as GIFs or images not working properly. In this case, the solution is to manually clear the cache of the Microsoft Teams app.
1. Exit From Microsoft teams.
2. Right click at Start menu and open Task manager.
3. Yes Procedures find the tab Microsoft Teams process, right click click and select Finish the task.
4. Close the task manager and click Windows + R Buttons to launch the Run command window.
5. Enter the address below and click the button Enter Click the button to go to the Microsoft Teams folder. :
6. In the Communities folder, open the following folders one by one and delete the content inside the theme:
- When done, restart sign in, launch the Teams app, and sign in to your account.
- Check if the problem persists and if so, move on to the next method.
Method 3. Update the Microsoft Teams app.
If you can’t send or view GIFs and Images in Teams, the problem might be with the Microsoft Teams app itself. In this case, the best solution is to update the program to the latest version.
To update Microsoft Teams on Windows, follow these steps:
1. Launch the Teams app and sign in to your account.
2. click on it three points in the upper right corner of the application window and select Check for updates option.
3. The app will start checking for updates and will automatically update if any updates are found.
Method 4. Disable hardware acceleration in teams.
One of the most common reasons why GIFs or images don’t appear in Microsoft Teams is hardware acceleration. So open Microsoft Teams and disable Hardware Acceleration as shown below.
1. click on it three points in the upper right corner of the application window and select Settings from the list.
2. In the settings window, on General tab, scroll down and check Disable GPU hardware acceleration the box below App title.
3. Restart Microsoft Teams and check if the issue is resolved.
Method 5. Reinstall Microsoft Teams.
The final solution to Microsoft Teams problems is to completely reinstall the app. For this:
1. Enter in the search field control Panel and open it.
2. Choose Uninstall the program and then select and from the list Delete Microsoft Teams.
3. Restart your personal computer.
4. click on Windows + R buttons to open Running command window.
5.Enter the following stroke Enter.
6. and select delete all folders.
7. Download and install Microsoft Teams for desktop and see if the issue is resolved. *
*Note: These are usually the steps to fix Microsoft Teams problem with GIFs or images. If you still have problems, I suggest you update your display adapter drivers.
That’s it! Which method worked for you?
Let me know if this guide helped you by leaving a comment about your experience. Please like and share this guide to help others.