Until today, all Windows operating systems (Windows 7, Vista, XP, etc.) had an easy way to close running applications. It is enough to press the “X” symbol or the “ALT + F4” keys simultaneously in the open window or launch the Task Manager. Fortunately, all of the above methods work in Windows 8 even when you are on the desktop, but many users are confused about how to close applications in the Metro UI environment.
How to Close Apps in Windows 8 Metro UI
Method 1: Press “ALT+F4” keys.
The easiest way to access is by clicking at the same time”ALT+F4“.
Method 2: Using the mouse
This method is handy if you have a touch screen:
1. Place your mouse on the top edge of your active tab.App”, until your mouse becomes a “ ”.hand“.
2. Then click with the mouse and drag the “App” window to the bottom edge of the screen while clicking.
Method 3: Using the application switcher
1. Place the mouse in the left corner to display the application switcher window.
2. Then drag the mouse down to reveal the App Switcher panel.
3. Right-click the application you want to close and select “Close” from the menu:
Method 4: Using the task manager.
Another way is to simultaneously click “ALT + CTRL + DEL” to open the task manager.
In the task manager “ProceduresSee “label, “Applications” group, select “App” that you want to close and “Finish the task“.