When you use your Internet browser to search for things that interest you, your Web browser records the websites you visit to make it easier to find them in the future. This feature is called “Browsing history” and although this is a very useful feature, on the other hand, if you use a computer that is shared by other people, it intrudes on your privacy.
This is a step-by-step guide on how to view and delete all or parts of your browsing history in the Firefox Internet browser.
How to view browsing history in Mozilla Firefox browser.
First, open Mozilla Firefox and go to the history view. For this:
1. Click on ““Firefox” Click the menu button at the top left of the Firefox window and select “History” > “Show all history“.
In the history window you can see all the visited pages and you have the following options:
- Option 1: Delete specific web page(s).
- Option 2: Forget the website.*
* Attention: If you “Forget about this site” option, Firefox will delete all data stored for the selected website (such as passwords, cookies, preferences, etc.).
How to clear browsing history in Mozilla Firefox.
1. Click on “FirefoxClick the “menu” button at the top left of the Firefox window and go to “”.History” > “Clear recent history“.
2. At”Time interval for cleaning” options, specify the period for which you want to clear the saved history. (eg “Everything” to clear all saved history)
3. Click onDetails” arrow to see which items are cleared.
4. Leave the default options (or add or remove any of them) and “Clean now” and delete your browsing history.
Note that this procedure cannot delete saved passwords from visited websites.
How to view and delete saved passwords in Mozilla Firefox.
If you want to delete all saved passwords from the sites you visit, then:
1. From the “Firefox” menu, click the “” button.Options“.
2. At”Options” panel, “Safety” label.
3. Click on “Saved passwords” button.
4. At”Saved passwords” window you:
- Delete all saved passwords for all websites in the list by clicking the button.Delete all” button.
- To remove the password of a particular site, select it and press the ” button.Turn off” button.
- “See all saved passwords in Firefox”Show passwords” button.