Sleep tracking is a feature built into the Sleep app on iPhone. With this app, you can use your Apple Watch to track sleep and get information like time spent in each stage of sleep, REM, and even tips to improve your sleep. Your Apple Watch will start tracking sleep based on your movement data. Sleep tracking happens automatically when you activate the app and enable the sleep schedule. This article is about how to Use the Apple Watch Sleep Tracker.
We all know that good sleep is essential for overall health, but does the Apple Watch track sleep? The short answer is yes. Apple Watch Series 3 or later tracks sleep in the Sleep app, an easy-to-start set-and-forget feature that runs automatically every night. However, Apple’s sleep data has remained fairly long at best.
How to Set Up and Use a Sleep Tracker on Apple Watch
How to Set a Sleep Schedule on iPhone
- Start Apple’s Health app on your “iPhone”.
- Tap the Browse tab in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down and select Sleep.
- Under Your Schedule, tap Sleep Schedule.
- When the sleep schedule is off, tap the switch to set it to the locked ON position.
- Under Full Schedule, tap Set First Schedule.
- Tap one of the blue circles under Active Days to turn off the sleep schedule any day of the week.
- Pull the ends of the sleeping block with your finger to expand it 24/7. This sets your sleep goal, bedtime, and wake up time.
- Scroll down to see your alarm options. Use the switch next to the Wake Up Alarm to toggle the alarm on/off. Once you’ve activated the alarm, you can choose the type of vibration and tone you want to hear with Sounds & Haptics, adjust the volume with the slider, and activate a snooze function with the snooze switch.
- Tap Add in the top right when done.
- To add a different schedule for different days (eg the weekend), tap Add schedule for other days and adjust your options as described in the previous steps.
How to Set a Sleep Schedule on Apple Watch
- Press the Digital Crown on your Apple Watch to open App View.
- Launch the Sleep app.
- Tap Full schedule.
- Tap the switch next to Sleep Schedule to toggle it to the locked ON position.
- Now tap on “Set First Schedule”.
- If you only want this schedule to apply on certain days of the week, tap Every Day, then uncheck the excluded days. Otherwise, tap the button below Wake Up, turn the Digital Crown to select an alarm, then tap Set.
- Use the switch next to the Alarm to toggle the alarm on/off. If you have activated the alarm, you can choose the type of vibration and tone you want to hear using the Sounds & Haptics button. Note that when your watch is in silent mode, your alarm will be replaced by a manual tap.
- Your recommended bedtime is based on your sleep goal, which you can edit by using the back button to return to the Full Schedule menu screen. From there, swipe down and tap Sleep Goal and adjust the hours and minutes.
So here we conclude our article on how to Set Up a Sleep Tracker on Apple Watch. After you set your sleep schedule, your Apple Watch and iPhone work together to track your sleep, including how much time you spend in the three stages of sleep (REM, core, and deep sleep).
I hope you understand this article, How to Use the Apple Watch Sleep Tracker.