Aadhaar is a unique 12-digit identification number given to citizens of India by the central government. Aadhaar is controlled and issued by UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India). It is designed to record and verify the details of every resident Indian citizen including name, address, contact details, photograph and biometrics. The Aadhaar card has become one of the most important government identification documents for a citizen as it contains demographic and biometric data of an individual. In this article we will try to teach you how to Update Photo On Aadhaar Card.
According to the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) rules, it is mandatory to provide a photograph while applying for an Aadhaar Card. The Aadhaar card is one of the most important forms of government identification as it contains both demographic and biometric data of the card holder. However, there may be situations where a person is asked to update their details in Aadhaar.
How to Change / Update Photo on Aadhaar Card
- Visit your nearest Permanent Aadhaar Enrollment Centre. You can find the nearest center to you by finding a registration center.
- Collect the Aadhaar enrollment form. You can also download the form by visiting the official website of UIDAI.
- Complete the relevant details in the form.
- Complete the form and provide the biometric data.
- The executive will take a photo of you.
- The biometric data must be provided for approval.
- A fee of 100 rupees has to be paid to update the Aadhaar biometrics.
- You will receive a confirmation slip with an updated application number (URN) mentioned on it. You can check the status of your application using the URN.
How to Download Aadhaar Card after Photo Change
- One can visit https://uidai.gov.in/my-aadhaar/get-aadhaar.html.
- Click Download Aadhaar.
- On the next page, enter the Aadhaar Number, Enrollment ID or Virtual ID.
- Enter the Captcha and click “Send OTP”.
- Enter an OTP which will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Follow the steps on the next page to download the Aadhaar map. You also have the option to print the Aadhaar.
So we conclude our article on How to Change Aadhar Card photo. The Aadhar card is one of the most important documents that serve as proof of identity and address anywhere in India.
I hope you understand this article, How to Update Photo on Aadhaar Card.