If you are looking for easy yet effective ways to completely uninstall Windows 10 News & Features, continue reading below.
There’s no doubt that Windows 10 is getting better with every update. The latest update KB5003214 (May 25, 2021) gives you access to relevant, high-quality content based on your preferences. News and interests feature on the taskbar.
However, there could be many reasons why you might want to disable this latest Windows 10 News & Features feature. For example, it can be very confusing for some!
Whatever the reason, the good news is that users can completely disable News & Interests on their operating systems. This guide will show you all the ways to do it in detail.
How to turn off Windows 10 news and features.
Method 1. Turn off News and Interests through the taskbar settings.
The fastest and easiest way to turn off News & Features in Windows 10 is this right click on taskbarchoose News and interests select from the list of available options and click on it Turn off. *
Note: If you want to keep the News & Interests widget on the taskbar, select the “Show icon only” option.
Method 2. Turn off News and Interests through the Windows Registry.
The Windows registry stores low-level settings for Windows programs and processes. The information in the registry is stored in the form of Registry keys, and by changing the corresponding keys, you can configure your operating system.
Here’s how to turn off News & Interests through the Windows Registry:
1. Open the registry editor. For this:
a. press at the same time Windows + R buttons to open the run command window.
b. Type regedit and press Enter.
c. Choose Yes At the “User Account Management” prompt to continue
2. After entering the registry editor, navigate to the location shown below.
3. Now right click in the space on the right panel and select new > A DWORD (32-bit) value option.
4. Rename the new value ShellFeedsTaskbarViewMode and press Enter when done.
5 Double-click the newly created value and below Value informationtype 2.
6. press OK apply the change and near Registry editor.
Additional Information: To turn on News & Interests in the future, repeat the steps above, but turn on News & Interests in step 6. 0 Enter 1 if you want to show both the News icon and text, or just the icon.
0 = Show character and text (default)
1 = Display symbol only
2 = Disable
Method 3. Turn off News and Interests through the Group Policy Editor. *
*Note: This method is only valid for Windows 10 Professional.
The Group Policy Editor also allows users to customize their operating system to their preferences, just like the Windows registry. However, the information stored in the Group Policy Editor is in the form of policies.
To turn off news and interests in Group Policy:
1. Open the Group Policy Editor. For this:
a. Click Windows at the same time + R buttons to open the run command window.
b. Type gpedit.msc & press Enter.
2. In the Local Group Policy Editor, go to:
- Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> News and Interests
3. Double-click on the right panel Turn on news and interests in the taskbar.
4. Click now Off Turn off Windows 10 News and Features feature and click OK to save the changes.
5. Close Group Policy Editor and you’re done!
Note: To re-enable this feature in the future, follow the steps mentioned above and click on step 6 Enabled.
That’s it! Let me know if this guide helped you by leaving a comment about your experience. Please like and share this guide to help others.