Chrome’s “Incognito Mode” is a web browsing mode where the browser automatically deletes your browsing history and searches after you close all private browsing windows. This feature is also known as “private browsing” and is available in most popular web browsers such as Firefox (New Private Window) or EDGE (New InPrivate Window).
Click to browse the web in private mode with Chrome Ctrl + Ceiling + N buttons or go to the Chrome menu and select New incognito window. *
*Note: Keep in mind that while the terms “incognito browsing” or “private browsing” mean that your online activity is anonymous, this type of browsing does not hide your identity from the websites you visit, nor does it track your browsing behavior. does not hide your service provider (ISP) or network administrator.
Why Disable Chrome Private Browsing Mode?
While Chrome’s Incognito mode is a good practice to prevent others from seeing and learning about your online activities, especially when you share your computer with others or use public computers (such as in Internet cafes), on the other hand, you can prevent it. you may want. so that someone under your control (for example, your children) can hide their activities from you.
In this guide, we’ll show you the steps you need to take to turn off Private Browsing in Chrome on Windows and iOS (MAC).
How to Disable Chrome Incognito Mode on Windows
1. Close the Chrome browser.
2a. press at the same time Windows + R buttons to open the run command window.
2b. In the Run command field, type regedit and press Enter.
3. After entering the registry editor, navigate to the location shown below.
4. Right click enabled Politics select the folder and select New –> Key.
5. Name the newly created key as Google
Then, right click enabled Google and select again new > Key option.
Name this key as Chrome
Now right click at Chrome press and select New –> A DWORD (32-bit) value.
Rename this value Availability of incognito mode
Finally double click enabled Availability of incognito mode and write under Value information 1.
Hit OK and near registry editor.
11. Now open Chrome. The Chrome menu should not have a “New incognito window” option.*
*Note: To re-enable private browsing in Chrome, reopen the registry editor and configure it Availability of incognito mode to the value of 0or turn off the Google key-folder below Politics folder, at the following registry location:
How to turn off incognito mode in Chrome on Mac (Apple OS).
To remove the “New incognito window” option in Chrome for iOS (Mac):
1. In the Finder, go to Applications > Utilities.
2. Find and double click to run Terminal application.
3. Type the following command in the terminal and click Enter.
- type com.google.chrome IncognitoModeAvailability -integer 1 by default
4. When done, close Terminal and restart your PC to make changes.
That’s it! Let me know if this guide helped you by leaving a comment about your experience. Please like and share this guide to help others.