This guide is about Turn Off Auto Play Videos in Instagram & Save Cell Data Bandwidth. I will do my best so that you understand this guide very well. Hope you all like this guide Turn Off Video Autoplay in Instagram & Save Cell Data Bandwidth.
Instagram, a popular photo sharing app on iOS, recently added video support to allow users to upload filtered videos to their photo collections. Browsing the Instagram feed now results in a lot of videos playing automatically by default, which can be quite annoying if you want to be quiet. Perhaps worse than autoplay audio, however, is that it consumes a lot of bandwidth over time, especially if you’re watching a lot of people streaming video and you’re on a 3G or LTE connection. The reason is quite simple, videos, even short ones, are much more downloadable than a simple static photo.
Don’t worry, you can turn off automatic video playback in the Instagram app on iPhone and Android. We’ll show you exactly how to do this, regardless of the version of Instagram you use.
Disable automatic video playback on Instagram
In modern iPhone and Android versions of Instagram, here’s how to stop videos from playing automatically over a cellular connection:
- Open the Instagram app and click on your profile
- Click the gear icon (settings button)
- Select the “Use Cellular Data” option.
- Select “Use less data” to stop video preloading (and automatically playing preloaded videos) while connected to Instagram
- Exit Instagram settings and return to the feed as usual
No more video preloads and automatic videos on Instagram!
Disable video autoplay on Instagram (earlier versions)
In earlier versions of Instagram, the feature was directly labeled “Auto-Play Videos,” and in newer versions it was renamed to use less data, as discussed above. However, you can save some data bandwidth on your iPhone (or Android) by disabling automatic video playback in the Instagram app:
- Open the Instagram app if you haven’t already on your iPhone or Android
- Select the profile page on Instagram, then tap the gear icon to access Settings
- Scroll down and turn the switch next to Auto-play videos to the OFF position
Regardless of version, this does not disable Instagram videos, it just does it, so you have to tap them directly so they can start downloading and playing.It only disables automatic video playback on Instagram.
Even if you love Instagram’s video feature, unless you have a generous cellular data plan with significant bandwidth, you’ll probably want to turn off the autoplay ability to keep some of your overpriced cellular plan.
Pros: Turn Off Video Autoplay in Instagram & Save Cell Data Bandwidth
- The guide to Turn Off Video Autoplay in Instagram & Save Cell Data Bandwidth is free to read.
- We help many internet users to follow up interest in a convenient way.
- The price of the Guide to Automatically Turn Off Video Playing in Instagram & Save Cell Data Bandwidth is free.
FAQ: Turn Off Video Autoplay in Instagram & Save Cell Data Bandwidth
In this guide, I told you about Turn Off Video Autoplay in Instagram & Save Cell Data Bandwidth.
In this guide, I will discuss about the Turn Off Auto Play Videos in Instagram & Save Cell Data Bandwidth , which is very helpful.
Apple devices only.
mac OS or iOS
Final note: Turn Off Video Autoplay in Instagram & Save Cell Data Bandwidth
If you have any question about How to Turn Off Auto Play Videos in Instagram & Save Cell Data Bandwidth, then ask us through the comment section below or contact us directly.
Education: This guide or tutorial is for educational purposes only.
Misrepresentation: If you want to correct any wrong information about the guide “Turn Off Video Autoplay in Instagram & Save Cell Data Bandwidth”, kindly contact us.
Trying to add an alternate method: If anyone wants to add more methods to the Turn Off Auto Play Videos In Instagram & Save Cell Data Bandwidth guide, kindly contact us.
Our Contact: Kindly use our contact page for any help.