If you want to learn how to start a program automatically when Windows starts or at a specific time using Task Scheduler, continue reading this guide.
The usual way to add a program at Windows startup is to place a shortcut to the desired program in the startup folder. However, this method does not always work, especially if you need administrator permission to run the program. To work around this problem, you can add the program at startup using the registry or run the program at startup using a scheduled task.
In this guide, I will show you how to start any program automatically at Windows Startup or at a specific time using Task Scheduler.
How to run a program automatically using the task scheduler.
To start using Task Scheduler at any program startup or at any time:
1. Enter the following in the search field: task scheduler
2. It’s open Task scheduler
3. From whom Movement select the menu Create a task.
4. Yes General tab, type a name for the task. for example “CoreTemp” and select Manage with the highest privileges.
5a. Yes Triggers tab, click New.
5b. Select to start the task: When logging in and press OK. *
* Note: If you want to run the desired program at a different time, select “On a schedule” in the “Start task” option and make the appropriate changes.
6a. Yes Actions tab, click new.
6b. Click in the new action window Review.
6b. Select the program you want to run at startup and click on it It’s open.
6c. press OK.
7. In the “Terms” tab, sure the Start the task only when the computer is connected to AC power check box and click OK.
8. Yes Settings tab, just leave it selected Allow the task to run on demand check box and clear all other check boxes. Click when done OK.
9. Restart your PC to apply the change. *
*Note: If the scheduled task does not work for another user on the PC, read the instructions in this guide: FIX: Scheduled task does not work for other users or runs in the background in Windows 10.
That’s it! Let me know if this guide helped you by leaving a comment about your experience. Please like and share this guide to help others.