The Windows 8 desktop interface no longer has the traditional Start Menu button. Therefore, you cannot easily find all the programs installed on your computer. This guide contains step-by-step instructions on how to add new programs toolbar in Windows 8 Taskbar (desktop interface) to easily find all programs installed on your computer without using third-party programs like Classic Shell.
How to Add the Programs Menu Toolbar to the Windows 8 Taskbar
Step 1: Turn on the “Hidden files” view.
First of all, “Hidden files” view. To do this:
1. Go to Windows Control Panel and open”Folder options“.
2. “atAppearance” tab, enable “Show hidden files folders and drives“option and select”OK“.
Step 2: On the Windows 8 taskbar, display the Programs menu toolbar.
To add a new “All Programs” menu toolbar on the taskbar:
1. Go to desktop and “Right click” button in an empty space on the taskbar.
2. From the menu that appears, select “Toolbar” > “New toolbar“.
3. Navigate to the following path: “C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu” and select “Programs” folder.
From now on you have “Start menu” is displayed in the taskbar when using the Windows 8 desktop interface.