If you have an Exchange, Microsoft 365, or Outlook.com account and want to share your calendar in the Outlook desktop app or Outlook for the web, continue reading below.
When working remotely, there must be a high level of coordination so that colleagues can schedule meetings. Synchronization of employees’ activities in calendarsis an important element that facilitates communication and performance in any business.
Outlook lets you share your calendar with other people, giving them different levels of permissions each, and this article provides detailed instructions on how to do this in Outlook for the desktop and Outlook for the web (Outlook.com/Office365). you will find ).
Part 1. How to share a calendar in Outlook for desktop.
Outlook for desktop provides two (2) options for sharing your calendar. The first option allows you to share your calendar with other users with read-only permissions, while the second method. allows you to have the right to edit the calendar (for example, make changes or add and delete events). Both methods are described below.
Method 1. How to share Outlook desktop calendar with view-only permission.
If you want to share your Outlook desktop calendar without other users being able to make changes, follow these steps.
1. Launch Outlook Go to your calendars by selecting and Calendar icon in the lower left corner.
2. Select the calendar you want to share and from House shortcut menu, select Share your calendar. *
1. The Share your calendar button is only available when using Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft 365, or Outlook.com accounts. Users with other account types such as IMAP or POP3 cannot share their calendars and can use Email Calendar or Online Publishing as an alternative.
2. The “Share Calendar” option does not allow anyone to edit your calendar, only to view it. If you want others to view and edit your calendar, read the instructions for method-2.
3. In Exchange an invitation window:
a. In ‘To whom…“box type the email address Select the recipient(s) you want to share your calendar with or ‘To whom…’ Click the button to select recipients from the address book.
b. In Details Select the information you want the other person(s) to see:
- Full details shows the time, subject, location and other details of all the items in your calendar.
- Limited details shows the time, subject, and place, but no other information.
- Availability only shows the time of items in your calendar.
c. Finally, change the theme if you want and click on it Sending Button to share your Outlook calendar.
Method 2. How to share Outlook desktop calendar viewing and editing permissions.
If you want to share your calendar with other people in Outlook for the desktop and allow them to make changes (for example, to add, change, or delete calendar events), Calendar permissions option. For this:
1. Launch Outlook and navigate to your calendars by selecting the Calendar icon in the lower left corner.
2. Select the calendar you want to share and from House shortcut menu, select Calendar permissions.
3. click on Add… button and select the people you want to share your calendar with.
4. After selecting people for the Shared Calendar, select them one by one and change the Permission Level from the drop-down menu or set your own permissions on the Shared Calendar. Click when done Please apply > OK.
Part 2. How to share Outlook for the web calendar with other people.
If you have an Outlook.com or Office365 account, you can use Outlook Web App to share your calendar with people inside or outside your organization. Especially when using an O365 account, when you share your calendar with someone within your organization, they can add it directly to the calendar view in the Outlook desktop app or Outlook Web App .
To share your calendar in Outlook for the web:
1. Sign in to Outlook.com with your MS account.
2. select Calendar icon in the navigation bar, then click the drop-down menu My calendars and select the calendar you want to share.
3. Then click Sharing From the menu to continue.
4a. In the space provided, enter the email address* of the user(s) you want to share your calendar with.
1. You can’t share your Outlook.com calendar with users who don’t have a Microsoft account. All users who do not have a Microsoft account (such as Gmail, Yahoo, etc.) will not be able to see the public calendar.
2. To share your Office365 calendar with people outside your organization, first enable external calendar sharing in the Microsoft 365 admin center.
4b. Select any access level you want to have a shared calendar with. (or All details can be seen or Can be edited. When done, press the button Sharing button.
5. At this point you should have successfully shared your calendar to Office365/Outlook.com. If you want to change sharing permissions in the future, right click in the general calendar and select Sharing and permissions.
That’s it! Which method worked for you?
Let me know if this guide helped you by leaving a comment about your experience. Please like and share this guide to help others.