For all the new features introduced with Windows 11, there is a changelog full of deprecated features that Microsoft abandoned. Users won’t miss most of the features that Microsoft broke for Windows 11, but there’s one that I really miss – the ability to drag a file onto an application’s taskbar menu to open it. In this article we will try to get you up to speed on how to Setup Drag and Drop Queries in Windows 11.
Contrary to what most people believe, this is not a bug or an issue that Microsoft is working on fixing. Windows 11 does not support the drag-and-drop feature of the taskbar (so far). Drag & Drop plays a vital role in moving items around a computer. However, it is also notorious for not working properly and there are many reasons for the problem. Below are the steps to solve Drag and Drop Issues in Windows PC.
3 Ways to Fix Drag and Drop Issues in Windows 11 PC
Edit the Registry
- Press Windows + R.
- Type regedit and click OK.
- Go to this path:
- Right-click the empty area in the right pane and select New -> DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Name it UndockingDisabled and double-click it.
- Change the Value data from 0 to 1 and click OK.
- Close Registry Editor and restart your computer.
Open Two Windows Side by Side
- Open the windows (folders or applications) on which you plan to perform the drag and drop action.
- Arrange these two windows to be side by side.
- Navigate to the source folder and click and hold on the file/folder you want to drag.
- Drag the file or folder across the window and then drop to drop it.
Use Alt + Tab Shortcut
- Navigate to the file or folder you plan to drag and drop.
- Select the file/folder. Then, press and hold your left mouse button.
- Drag the file/folder slightly to put it in grab mode.
- Press Alt + Tab while holding the file or folder to see all the apps open in the taskbar.
- Keep pressing Alt Meanwhile, hit the Tab key repeatedly to switch between the available apps.
- Release Alt and Tab keys when you select the app you want.
- Also release the left click when you are inside the desired window to drop the file or folder there.
We hope our article on methods to fix Drag and Drop Issues in Windows PC will help you and solve all your problems. If you are facing similar problems and want to know how to solve this problem then follow the steps mentioned above.
I hope you understand this article, How to Set Up Drag and Drop Queries in Windows 11.