VPN technology allows users (clients) to use a public Internet connection to connect to private networks using secure paths (tunnels) between their machine and a private network. A VPN is commonly used in business and allows business employees to work remotely (away from the office). A secure connection can be made using a VPN client that connects to the company’s VPN server.
If you want to configure a VPN client to access your office network, follow these instructions:
How to configure (create) a VPN Client connection.
1. Click on “Windows” + “RClick the ” button to download Running dialog box.
2. write “control Panel” and press Enter.
3. Yes Control Panel double click open “Network and Sharing Center“.
4. At”Network and Sharing CenterClick ” on the main screen “Set up a new connection or network“.
5. Separation “Connect to the workplace” option and press “The next one“.
6. click onUsing My Internet Connection (VPN)“.
7. Type the The public IP address of the VPN server and – optionally – give a destination name for this connection: (eg VPN_Office).
8. Type your (VPN) username and password and “Connect“.
9. If your VPN client security and connection settings (username and password) are correct, you should be able to connect to your VPN network successfully. *
*Note: If you cannot connect to the VPN server, check your VPN connection and security settings with your network administrator. In many cases, the VPN server configuration may differ from the default installation configuration.
- Once connected, click the network icon in the system tray to view the status of the VPN connection.
- If you want to disconnect from the VPN, click the name of the VPN connection (for example, “VPN_Office”) and press “Disconnect“.
- To reconnect to the VPN, click the network icon in the system tray, select a VPN connection (for example, “VPN_Office”) and click connect.
- To manage your VPN connection settings or to delete or rename a VPN connection:
- Open Network Connections: To do this:
- Click on “Windows” + “RClick the ” button to download Running dialog box.
- write “ncpa.cpl“ and press Enter.
- Right click In the name of the VPN connection (for example, “VPN_Office”) and then select the appropriate task.