This is a tutorial on how to replace a faulty 2.5 inch hard drive or RAM in an Asus EeePC series notebook. The whole process is very easy and requires very little technical expertise.
(Watch this tutorial on YouTube.)
Step 1: Turn the laptop upside down.
Step 2: Remove the battery
1. Push and hold the battery release latch to the release position.
2. Lift the outer edge of the battery and remove it from the battery bay.
Step 3. Remove the memory.
1. Loosen the screw on the memory cover and remove it.
5. Push the RAM latches and remove the memory chip.
Step 4. Remove the rest of the screws securing the top cover.
1. Locate and loosen the five (5) bottom cover screws.
Step 5. Turn the laptop to its normal position and raise the monitor of the laptop.
Step 6. Using a flathead screwdriver, gently unlock and lift the keyboard from the four (4) points on the top edge.
Step 7. Remove the keyboard.
Disconnect the keyboard cable from the motherboard and remove the keyboard.
Step 8. Remove the top cover.
1. Loosen the six (6) screws securing the top cover.
2. Gently lift the top cover. Secure and remove the touch panel cable from the main board.
Step 9. Remove the hard drive.
1. Disconnect the ribbon cable above the hard drive from the motherboard.
2. Loosen the one (1) screw that secures the hard drive in place.
3. Remove the hard drive.
4. Use a screwdriver and loosen the four (4) screws securing the drive to the chassis.
5 Replace your hard drive.
Step 10. Reverse the above steps to complete your conversion.