If you have encrypted a hard drive with BitLocker, a special set of 48-digit numeric passwords will be generated. This is the BitLocker password or BitLocker recovery key. It is very important to remember the password and keep it in a safe place. You cannot unlock and access the encrypted hard drive if you have lost or forgotten the BitLocker password. In this article we will try to teach you how to repair Bitlocker Recovery Windows 11 key.
BitLocker is a Windows feature that allows you to encrypt the device. For Windows 11 users who want a BitLocker recovery key at startup, the following instructions may help you find the 48-digit key you need to unlock the device. The issue is complicated, but you should be able to get things up and running in no time, but in some cases a clean reinstall of Windows 11 is the only option when a BitLocker recovery key is lost.
4 Ways to repair Windows 11 Bitlocker Recovery key
Turn off Safe Start
- Launch Bitlocker recovery screen and press Esc for more options.
- Skip the drive in the right corner and then select the troubleshooting option on the next page.
- Then select advanced options on the TS screen. Then select “UEFI Firmware Settings” and reboot.
- The system boots the computer into UEFI and then selects the security section.
Try Secure Boot
- Launch Bitlocker recovery screen and press Esc for more options. Skip the drive on the right corner.
- Then select the troubleshooting option on the next page. On the next TS screen, select advanced options.
- Then select “UEFI Firmware Settings” and reboot. The system boots the computer into UEFI and then selects the security section.
- Change the configuration specified under Secure Boot. After that, press the Microsoft Only option and click OK.
Download the updated BIOS to the latest version
Some users face Bitlocker Password Prompt Screen issue. If this is the case, there may be a problem with the BIOS. If you want to update the system BIOS, refer to your system’s motherboard manual for step-by-step instructions.
Disable Auto-Unlock Option
- Go to the Start button and then Control Panel > Bitlocker Drive Encryption.
- Then click on “Turn off automatic unlock” option next to C drive.
- After that, restart or restart your computer and check if the problem is solved or not.
We hope our article on methods to fix Windows 11 Bitlocker Recovery key will help you and solve all your problems. If you are facing similar issues and want to know how to solve this problem then follow the steps mentioned above.
I hope you understand this article, How to repair Windows 11 Bitlocker Recovery key.