Browser Redirect virus (also known as “Google Redirect virus“) browser adware and hijacker that redirects search results to fake virus web pages that can harm your computer. The Redirect virus changes search settings, also disables Windows and antivirus updates by changing internet connection and browser settings. Another symptom when infected Redirection Your computer will slow down due to viruses, malicious processes running in the background.
You can easily remove any browser redirect virus by following these steps:
Step 1: Remove malicious running processes.
1. Download it TDSSKiller anti-rootkit utility from Kaspersky website on your desktop.
2. Once the download is complete, go to your desktop and double-click on “tdsskiller.exe” to run it.
3. In Kaspersky’s Anti-rootkit utility, click “Start scanning“.
When the scanning process is finished, a new window will open with the scan results.
4. selectTreatment” and allow the program to complete the process of treating infected files.
5. After the “cure” operation is completed, restart your computer.
6. After restarting, Restart TDSSKiller To scan for rootkits one more time. If the previous treatment was successfully completed, the program will now inform you about it “No threat found“.
Step 2: Remove and terminate any remaining malicious processes using RogueKiller.
1. Download and save “Rogue Killer” utility on your desktop.
Note*: Download it x86 version or X64 according to your operating system version. To find your operating system version “Right click” go to your computer icon and “System type” Section.
2. Find it “Killer Killer” on your desktop and double click run it. Once the pre-check is complete, Click the “Scan” button button to perform a full scan.
3. When the full scan is complete, click the “Remove” button to remove all malicious items.
Step 3. Reset your Internet connection settings.
Continue to fix your internet connection settings while running the RogueKiller utility.
1. Edit your “hosts”* file.
When the uninstall process is complete, clickFix the host” button.
2. Adjust the “Proxy” settings.
To reset proxy settings “Fix proxy server” button.
3. Adjust your DNS settings.
To reset DNS settings “Fix proxy server” button.
4. Close the Rogue Killer utility and restart your computer.
When your computer restarts, check your Internet connection and proceed to the next step.
Step 4. Clean up unwanted files and entries.
Use “CCleaner” and continue clean your system is temporary internet files and invalid registry entries.*
*If you don’t know how to install and use “CCleaner”, read these instructions.
Step 5 Clean from your computer malicious threats.
Use MalwareBytes Antimalware to clean your computer of any remaining malicious threats.*
Malwarebytes™ protection removes spyware, adware and malware. Start your free download now!
*If you don’t know how to install and use”MalwareBytes Anti-Malware“, read these instructions.
Tip: To keep your computer clean and safe, Run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware full scan in Windows “Safe Mode”..*
*To enter Windows Safe Mode “F8” button before the Windows logo appears when your computer starts up. When “Windows advanced options menu” appears on your screen, use the keyboard arrow keys to navigate Safe mode and then click “INTRODUCTION“.
Step 6. Run a full scan with your antivirus software
Run your antivirus program and do a full scan to all files and folders.