If you want to learn how to record team meetings for later review, this article is for you. Today, online communication and meetings have become a breeze thanks to easy-to-use video conferencing platforms like Microsoft Teams.
Microsoft Teams is an online communication and collaboration platform that offers document sharing, web conferencing, and many other very useful features, and like most video conferencing platforms, it allows users to record their meetings.
Team meeting recording is very useful for users who want to rewatch the online meeting and not miss its details. In this guide, we’ll show you how to record a meeting in Microsoft Teams in just a few easy steps.
How to record Microsoft Teams meetings
Method 1: Record team meetings using the Team Desktop app.
The first way to record a team meeting is to use the Microsoft Teams desktop app. To start recording a meeting in the Teams desktop app:
1. Launch Microsoft Teams and start/join a meeting.
2. click on it More button (three dots) and select Start writing from the list of available options. *
*Note: All meeting members will be notified once the recording has started. It should also be noted that only one person can record a meeting at a time, and the recording is automatically saved in the cloud, where all users have access to it.
3. Click the button to stop recording the appointment at any time Three points … menu and click Stop writing.
4. When you stop recording, the recording is processed and saved to SharePoint if it’s a channel meeting, or to OneDrive if it’s a different type of meeting.
5. Look in the meeting chat or channel chat (if you are meeting in a channel) to find the meeting record. *
*Note: The good thing about Microsoft Teams recordings is that they don’t expire, so you can view them whenever you want.
Method 2: Record team meetings through a web portal.
The second way to record a meeting in MS Teams is to use the Microsoft Teams web portal.
1. Sign in to your Microsoft Teams account and start/join a meeting.
2. click on it Three points … select and select the menu in the panel on your screen Start writing. *
*Note: Once the recording has started, all meeting members will be notified.
3. Click to stop recording Three points … menu again and this time select Stop writing.
4. After you stop recording, the recording is processed and saved to SharePoint if it’s a channel meeting, or to OneDrive if it’s a different type of meeting.
5. To see the record, look in the meeting chat or channel chat (if you are meeting in a channel.
Method 3: How to Record and Save Team Meetings Secretly (without anyone else knowing) on Windows 10.
If you want to record a meeting in Microsoft Teams without alerting other participants, we recommend using the Game Bar. This program was originally launched for gamers so that they can record videos, stream games online and take screenshots.
Here’s how you can use the Windows 10 gamepad to record and save team meetings without the other participants knowing: *
Important: In some places, you legally have to get everyone’s permission before you can record them. Make sure you know the rules before you start.
1. press Windows + I press the keys on the keyboard at the same time to start Settings.
2. In the Settings window, click Game.
3. Select within the game window Xbox gamepad go through the left panel and then toggle the switch On On the right side to turn on the game bar.
4. Then open Microsoft Teams and join the meeting.
5. After the meeting starts, click Windows + G Press the keys on the keyboard together to open the Games panel.
a. To whom Start the recording press the button Windows + ALT + R press or click the buttons Recording button’Shooting the game‘ options. *
*Note: Game bar entries are disabled by default. To whom audio recording press the button Microphone sign to rotate once ON.
b. To whom Stop the press to record the Windows + ALT + R press the buttons again at the same time.
6. After finishing the recording, you will see a message that the recording is complete. Click on the message to jump to where the recording is saved or to go directly C:\Users\Username\My Documents\My Videos\My Pictures\ in the file explorer to find the saved clip. *
*Note: Gamepad recordings are automatically saved as .MP4 files.
That’s it! Let me know if this guide helped you by leaving a comment about your experience. Please like and share this guide to help others.