A video screenshot is also usually “screenshot” is the process of recording computer screen movements, operations, and changes to video, often used to create video tutorials for presentation or educational purposes.
“Screenshot” is often used to represent computer operations that are difficult to explain or involve complex steps. You can find a lot of free screen recorder software on your computer, but most of them put watermarks on the final video.
In this tutorial, I will show you how to record all your screen actions without any restrictions.
How to Record Computer Screen (Free) – Video Screen Capture
Step 1. Download and install CamStudio – FREE recording software:
1. Download it CamStudio from here:
Note*: Scroll down the page until you find the download link.
2. After the download is complete double click toCamStudio2.7r316.exe” and start CamStudio installation.
3. Click on “The next one” in the CamStudio setup wizard. *
Caution: CamStudio’s installer provides third-party software (toolbar) during installation. The software is safe for the computer, but may collect personal information.
Remember remove the mark any boxes that provide additional software during installation.
4. Click on “The next one” again.
5. On the next screen “MARK“”deal with” agreement (do not install) and “The next one“.
6. Click on “The next one” when the installation is complete.
7. Click on “Termination” and launch CamStudio
8. Click ‘OK” to “CamStudio.cfg” file error error.
Step 2. Set CamStudio recording settings.
1. Territory: From the main menu of CamStudio “Region“
In the region menu, you can specify the region of the screen to be captured. Available settings:
a. Region: Manually set the recording area after pressing the record button.
b. Fixed area: Select an area of a fixed size to capture (for example, 320×240) and then click Recording.
c. Window: Take a screenshot of a specific application window. (After pressing the record button, you can select the window to be captured)
d. Full screen: Capture the entire computer screen.
2. Options: From the main menu of CamStudio “Options“
In the CamStudio Options menu, you can change the following:
a. Video parameters: Adjust the quality of the resulting video.
b. Cursor Options: Here you can set the look and feel of your cursor.
c: Audio Options: Specify sound source settings (egvolume) and audio and video sync settings.
d. Record: You can specify whether or not you want to record sound and the audio source (for example, speaker or microphone).
e. Autopan: If you enable Autopan, CamStudio will focus on your mouse movements while recording.
f. Auto stop recording: Stops recording after a certain amount of time (for example, after 60 seconds)
g. Program options: From this menu, you can configure all other CamStudio options, such as: Minimize the program when starting recording, directory for the recorded file, AVI file name, etc.
You can also assign keyboard shortcuts*
Note:* Keyboard shortcuts are required when you want to capture full screen areas.
In keyboard shortcuts, most important settings”Record/Pause” and “Stop” recording buttons.
By default, if you “F8” you start (pause) the video screen capture process and if “F9” while shooting, then you completely end the recording process. You can change these keys to your liking.
3. Tools: From the main menu of CamStudio “Tools“.
Within the Tools menu, the most important option is “SWF Builder”. When you click SWF maker, you can convert your AVI video to Flash.
4. Effects: From the main menu of CamStudio “Effects“.
In the built-in effects menu, you can specify annotations to be added to your video (eg time, caption, watermark)
You can change the timestamp, title, and watermark settings from the Effects > Options menu:
At this point, we have completed the basic settings of CamStudio and we are ready to continue recording our presentation in video format.
Step 3. Start taking a screenshot.
After you set the CamStudio settings,
1. Pres belonging to – CamStudio – “Record/Pause” shortcut key (eg “F8” by default) to start recording.
2. When you want to stop taking a screenshot press corresponding shortcut key “Stop” recording (eg “F9” from the beginning).
Note: “you can clickF8” to stop recording at any time
Step 4. Save the screenshot to video (AVI).
When the screen recording is finished, it’s time to save the video:
1. In “Save avi file“the window write a name for your newly created video and “Save” and select it wherever you want (for example, the desktop).
That’s it! After that, you can convert your video to your favorite video format (.mov, video CD or DVD, etc.) (using other utilities) or publish your video on the Internet (like YouTube, etc.).
Tip: You can always burn to Flash video (SWF) by clicking the Convert (AVI/FLASH) button before recording.