Siri can certainly be helpful when you need it, but you might not want the whole world to hear Siri’s answers in some situations. If you’re in a library, meeting, class, or other situation where your iPhone’s voice assistant would do more harm than good, there is a way to silence Siri … but it’s difficult. Starting with iOS 9, you can turn off Siri as easily as flipping the mute switch to silent. Prior to iOS 9, Siri would not respond to the ring switch state. This article is about how Siri Responds Silently on iPhone.
By default, Siri is set to give voice feedback no matter how you use it—a keyboard shortcut for the home or side button, “Hey Siri,” or typing Siri. Even if your ring switch is set to silent, it doesn’t affect Siri’s volume. Of course, if you don’t want to mute them right away, you can adjust your iPhone’s volume when Siri is speaking to bring them down to a lower level. Below we have mentioned the steps to silence Siri audio feedback when your iPhone is silent.
How to Silence Siri Audio Feedback when iPhone is on Silent
- First, launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
- In Settings, tap on the “Siri & Search” option.
- On the “Siri & Search” page, tap “Siri Answers.”
- In “Siri Responses,” find the “Spoken Responses” option and set it to “When Silent Mode is Off.”
- Retirement Arrangements. From now on, whenever you set the Ring/Silent switch on the side of your iPhone to “Silent,” Siri will no longer speak out loud. Instead, you’ll see Siri’s responses as subtitles on the screen.
We hope our article on how to silence Siri audio feedback when your iPhone is silent will help you and solve all your problems. If you want to know how to silence Siri when your iPhone is on silent, follow the steps mentioned above.
I hope you understand this article, How to Make Siri Answer Silently on iPhone.