This guide contains step-by-step instructions on how to go live on YouTube. As you know, today YouTube is used by millions of users around the world to watch and share videos on any topic they may find interesting. Some of these videos are classified as live streaming videos, which are broadcast by YouTubers in real time from their channels.
YouTube Live streaming is one of the best ways to engage your audience by broadcasting live or streaming recorded video. For example, many YouTubers go live when they want to communicate with their fans or show what’s happening in their lives in real time.
How to stream live on YouTube?
There are three (3) ways to stream live video on YouTube:
- Webcam: Using your computer and webcam.
- Mobile device: By using the YouTube mobile app.
- Software and hardware encoders: By using streaming software or external audio/video equipment. Read this YouTube guide to stream with the encoder.
From the options above, for beginners and many others, webcam and mobile are great ways to start streaming on YouTube as they allow creators to stream live easily and instantly.
In this article, we will see how we can live stream any video on YouTube using a computer web browser and webcam or mobile device.
How to: Live YouTube from a webcam or mobile device.
To live stream on YouTube, you must have a YouTube channel with the required permission for live streaming.*
*Note: If you already have a YouTube channel, go to https://www.youtube.com/features to find out Live streaming is considered enabled. If not, go ahead and verify your channel to enable YouTube Live Streaming.
Step 1. Create a YouTube channel.
If you don’t have a YouTube channel:
1. Sign in to YouTube.
2. Click on your profile picture and press Create a channel, or press To create button and try to upload a video.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions to create and verify your channel.
*Note: During verification, you will be required to enter a phone number to receive a verification code, which you must enter during the process.
Part 1. How to start live streaming on YouTube with your camera.
To stream your PC camera live to YouTube:
1. Open your browser and sign in to YouTube using your Google account.
2. click on To create sign and then press Go live. *
*Note: If you haven’t already, follow the instructions to verify your channel. (It may take up to 24 hours for the first live stream to be enabled. You can go live immediately after enabling).
3. In the next window, choose to go live Right now or select if you want to stream immediately A later date. *
*Note: The advantage of streaming the video later is that YouTube will provide you with a video link that you can promote on your social networks before the video starts.
4. On the next screen, select Built-in webcam for flow.
5. press Allow me in the browser notification Use your microphone and camera.
6. On the next screen:
a. Give a name for the streaming video.
b. Determine if the video is suitable for children.
c. (optional) click Additional options if you want to add a description to your video or change the default camera and microphone device.
d. Click when done The next one.
7. In the Stream Preview Info window, click EDIT click the button to control the flow settings (for example, to change the title, description or chat settings) and when you’re done, click LIVE PERFORMANCE To start live streaming on YouTube.
8. When the streaming is finished, click End stream Below. To access and manage your live videos, go to the videos on your YouTube channel and select Live page.
Part 2. How to live stream on YouTube from mobile or tablet.
Now we have seen how we can stream videos on YouTube using our computer browser. Now it’s time to see how we can stream videos on YouTube using our mobile device.
*Note: To go live on mobile, your channel must have at least 1000 subscribers.
1. It’s open YouTube app on your phone or tablet.
2. Tap the plus + icon at the bottom of your screen.
3. tap on Go live.
4. Then click ALLOW ENTRY and then press ALLOW YouTube app for taking pictures and recording videos.
5. Give your live video a title, add a description, and optionally enable live chat. When done, The next one.
6. On the next screen, take a photo (or upload one from your device) for the Live Stream thumbnail, and finally click . LIVE PERFORMANCE to start live streaming.
That’s it! Let me know if this guide helped you by leaving a comment about your experience. Please like and share this guide to help others.