Windows 8 has been on the market since the end of October 2012. The new operating system changes the way Windows works to date, with new features such as a touchscreen interface (like tablets), support for cloud integration, better support for multiple monitors, and more. The first big change in the new operating system for Windows users is the absence of the old Windows interface that we are all familiar with.
The new operating system supports faster loading times, improved search functionality, dynamic desktop support, and more.
If you want to try Microsoft’s latest operating system, Windows 8, and want to test them without affecting your operating system, for more instructions on how to do this, see this read the manual.
a. Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster with PAE, NX, and SSE2 support
b. RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
c. Hard disk space: 16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
d. Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver
2. Your processor must also support these security features:
a. Virtualization technology.
b. Date Execution Prevention (DEP):
This feature also “Not Executed (NX)“For AMD processors and”Execute Delete (XD)“For Intel processors.
To check if your system processor supports the above security features:
Download and run SecurAble from here.
If your system supports hardware virtualization technology and data execution prevention (DEP), you should see the following window on your screen:
If the above features are not supported, you should see the following window:
In this case, you should check that the Data Execution Prevention and Virtualization Technology (VT) features are supported and already enabled in the BIOS.*
* Read this post to learn how to prevent data execution and enable Virtualization Technology (VT) features.
3. Oracle VirtualBox 4.2.6 For Windows hosts (the latest version) may already be installed on your computer. If not, you can download and install it Here.
4. Take it Official copy of Windows 8 ISO image and required product key. You can get them from Here.
If you meet all the above requirements, proceed to create a new virtual machine inside the Virtual Box.
How to create a Virtual Box machine.
1. Start Oracle VM Virtual Box and click New.
2. “at”Name and operating system“the window enter a new machine name (eg Windows8_64), for type of car choose “Microsoft Windows” and select version (eg Windows 8 (64 bit) if you purchased the 64-bit version).
3. Once you’ve made all your selections, “Next >“.
4. Set the memory size in the virtual machine and click “Next >“
(eg at least 2048MB/2GB).
5. Then proceed to create a Virtual Hard Drive for your machine.
selectNow create a virtual hard disk“click option and “To create“.
6. For Hard Drive File Type, select “.VDI (Virtual Disk Image)“and press”Next >“.
7. select storage type* want and select “Next >“
Dynamically distributed storage capacity means it only uses the space it needs from your physical drive and grows automatically as your files grow.
Fixed size: means that the storage size is fixed and cannot grow if you need more space in the future.
In this case I chose “Fixed size“Because I’m doing this setup just for show.
8. Enter a file name and file location for your new virtual hard disk (or you can leave the default values), then specify the size of your virtual disk (for example, 30 GB) and click Create.
The process of creating a virtual hard disk will begin. Wait for it to finish and proceed to the next step.
9. In the Oracle VM VirtualBox Manager main window, select the newly created Virtual Machine and select settings.
10. In the settings window, select “System” on the left.
11. Click the button in system settings Processor tab and specify the number of CPUs allocated to the new virtual machine. (eg 2 or more) and check the box at the bottom Enable PAE/NX feature.
12. In the settings window, select “Save” on the left.
13. Click the button under the save tree to add “+ ” icon to add a CD/DVD drive.
14. “at”VirtualBox – Question“select”Select the disk” to install the Windows 8 Setup ISO image.
15. Find and select the ISO image file you downloaded to install Windows 8 and select “It’s open“.
16. selectOK” to close the VirtualBox settings window.
17. Click on “StartTo start the Windows 8 installation, click the “.
Windows 8 installation
How to install Windows 8:
1. On the first installation screen of Windows 8, select your preferred language, time and currency, and keyboard input method for installation, and click the “” button.The next one“.
2. On the next screen, selectInstall now“.
3.. Enter your licensed product key and “click”The next one“.
4. Accept the license terms and “click”The next one“.
5. selectCustom: Install Windows only (advanced)“.
6. In the drive options, select “Drive 0 Unallocated space” and “The next one“.
7. Windows 8 setup is starting. Wait until it finishes.
8. After the installation process is complete, the virtual machine will restart and offer to personalize your computer.
Choose your favorite color, give your computer a name and “The next one‘”.
9. In the settings window, select “Use express settings”.
10. On the Sign in to your computer screen, type your Microsoft email address if you like, and then click Next, or select Sign in without a Microsoft account. *
* In this tutorial, I chose to log in with a local account.
11. On the next screen, click on the Local Account option.
12. Enter your desired username and password and click Next.
13. Wait until Windows Personalization is finished.
14. Now the latest operating system from Microsoft is installed.
Now you can start learning the Windows 8 operating system, but if you want to use all its features (full screen, resolution, etc.), you need to install VirtualBox Guest Add-ons.
Installing VirtualBox guest add-ons
How to install VirtualBox guest add-ons:
1. To install “Guest AdditionsOn a Windows 8 host, select Oracle VM VirtualBox from the main menu
“Devices” > “Install guest add-ons“
If the installer does not start automatically, open Windows Explorer and start it manually.
2. To open Windows Explorer in Windows 8, right-click in the lower left corner of the screen and select ” from the pop-up menu.File Explorer“.
3. When File Explorer opens, you should see the VirtualBox Guest Additions CD. Double click to open it.
4. selectVBoxWindowsAdditions” application.
5. Right click and select ” from the pop-up menu.Run as administrator“.
6. In the Warning (User Account Management) window, select “Yes“
7. selectThe next one” on the following screens:
8. check “Always trust the software “Oracle Corporation“and press”Installation“.
9. After the setup is complete, select “Finish” and restart your computer.
Now you can enjoy all the new features of Windows 8!