This guide contains instructions on how to clean install Windows 11 from USB on devices with TPM version 1.2 and unsupported processors.
If your computer supports TPM v1.2* and you see “This computer cannot run Windows 11. If you’re unable to install Windows 11 from USB because you’re getting the “This computer does not meet the minimum system requirements to install this version of Windows” error, continue reading below to resolve the issue.
*Note: If your computer does not support the TPM version (TPM v1.2 or TPM v2.0), read the instructions in this article: How to upgrade Windows 10 to Windows 11 without TPM 2.0 or TPM 1.2.
How to bypass TPM V2.0 requirement to install Windows 11 from USB on devices with TPM V1.2 installed.
- A Windows 11 USB installation media: To create the installation media, use the instructions in this article: How to download Windows 11 ISO or USB.
- The computer must support at least TPM v1.2. If your computer does not support TPM 1.2 either, you can install Windows 11 only after creating Windows 11 installation media using the instructions in method 3 of this article.
To install Windows 11 on a PC without TPM 2.0 but with TPM 1.2
1. Upload your computer from the Windows 11 USB installation media.
2. On the first Windows Settings screen, click SHIFT + F10 to open the command prompt.
3. Type in the command line regedit
4. In the registry editor, go to this key:
5. Right click on Adjustment; installation key and select new -> Key.
6. Give the new key a name LabConfig and press Enter.
7. select LabConfig the switch on the left.
8a. Right click in the space on the right panel and select new > DWORD (32-bit value)
8b. Give the new value a name Bypass TPMcheck and press Enter.
8c. Repeat steps 8a and 8b and create two more values with the names:
- Bypass RAMCheck
- Bypassing SecureBootCheck
9. Now open and write the three newly created values one by one 1 in the value data window.
10. After all the changes, you should have an image on the screen:
11. Closing the Registry editor and command line windows.
12. On the Windows settings screen, select the language, time – currency and keyboard input method and click on it. The next one.
13. Finally, click Install now To start installing Windows 11. *
*Note: For instructions on the next steps of the installation, visit this article.
That’s it! Let me know if this guide helped you by leaving a comment about your experience. Please like and share this guide to help others.