macOS 13, also known as macOS Ventura, will be announced at WWDC on June 6, 2022. It is great to see that Apple launches new products every year and this year macOS Ventura with M2 chip is coming to Apple products. Compared to the previous versions of macOS, Apple has made many changes from the user interface to the settings. By the way, did I tell you that System Preferences will be called System Preferences from now on? This article is about how to install macOS Ventura on Virtualbox.
Meanwhile, Apple unveiled macOS Ventura, the latest version of its desktop operating system, at its annual Worldwide Developers Conference. This fall, macOS Ventura, also known as macOS 13, will be launched, bringing many new features to desktops and laptops. (Usually, macOS upgrades are released in September.) In addition to improvements to Messages, Safari, the Mail app, and Continuity, there’s a brand new multitasking tool called Status Manager.
How to Run MacOS Ventura on VirtualBox in Windows 11
Install VirtualBox and Extension Pack
- Download the latest version of virtualbox. The file should automatically download to the computer.
- Also download the VirtualBox Extension Pack.
- Go to the folder where you downloaded VirtualBox and install it on your computer.
- Launch the same VirtualBox tool and click on the Tools menu on the left.
- Select Extensions.
- Click the + icon (Install) and navigate to the location where you saved the VirtualBox extension, then click Open.
- Then click Install and the “I agree” button.
- Now go back to the welcome screen.
Make a new macOS Virtual Machine
- In the VirtualBox Manager application, click New at the top.
- Enter a name for the new virtual machine, for example macOS Ventura
- Set the destination folder by browsing to a location on your computer.
- In the ISO image, select the macOS Ventura ISO image.
- Enter Mac OS X Version (64-bit).
- Click next.
- In the next window, set the amount of RAM (main memory) to at least 8 GB.
- Set the virtual CPU (processor) count to at least 4 according to your computer’s main CPU.
- Click next.
- Maximize the disk size to 100GB.
- Click next.
- Finally, click Finish.
Customize Virtual Machine Settings
- To edit the settings, select the macOS Ventura created in the same VirtualBox application and click Settings at the top.
- In the next window, click on the Display menu and then increase the video memory up to 128 MB.
- Click USB and select USB 3.0 (xHCI) Controller.
- Finally, click the OK button.
Run VirtualBox Code at Command Prompt
- Close the VirtualBox application to apply the code (given below) to the command prompt.
- Then you should change the name of the virtual machine with your VM name, in our case for example macOS Ventura.
cd “C:Program FilesOracleVirtualBox”VBoxManage.exe modifyvm “macOS Ventura” –cpuidset 00000001 000106e5 00100800 0098e3fd bfebfbffVBoxManage setextradata “macOSVesturai”/MacOSVentura”/MacOSVentura” “VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/ Config/DmiSystemVersion” “1.0”VBoxManage setextradata “macOS Ventura” “VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiBoardProduct” “Ilovapple”VBoxManage setextradata” “macOSBoxtura” smc/0/Config/DeviceKey” “our hard work with these words protected please(c)AppleComputerInc”VBoxManage setextradata”macOS Ventura” “VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/GetKeyFromRealSMC” 1
- Then, open Command Prompt and run it as administrator.
- Then copy and paste the above codes into the command prompt.
- Close the order promptly.
Start a Clean Install of MacOS Ventura
- Open the VirtualBox application again and press Start at the top.
- A new window will appear.
- Wait a while for a line of code and the Apple logo to disappear.
- Then select a language.
- Click the other arrow button in the lower right corner.
- On the next page, select Disk Utility and press Next.
- Select the hard drive.
- Click Delete.
- Enter a name, such as macOS HDD, and then click the Erase button.
- Press Done.
- After configuring the partition, close Disk Utility by clicking the red dot in the upper left corner.
- You will be taken back to the macOS recovery window.
- Now select Install macOS Ventura and click Next.
- Click Next again to set up the same operating system installation.
- Click Agree, and then click I agree again.
- Select the hard drive you created, macOS HDD, and then click Next.
- Now wait for the installation to finish.
- Once the installation process is complete, set up your macOS Ventura for the first time by following the on-screen instructions.
So here we conclude our article on how to install MacOS Ventura On VirtualBox in Windows PC. It is a curiosity that civilizations have improved, people have matured, new lands have been discovered, species have created new technologies and much more. Why not try macOS Ventura, what’s the harm?
I hope you understand this article, How to install macOS Ventura on Virtualbox.