One of my favorite cleaning and protection programs is CCleaner. I have been using this tool for many years and I am very satisfied with its capabilities. CCleaner helps clean your computer of junk programs, cookies, and temporary Internet files and protects your online privacy.
In addition, with CCleaner, you can easily remove invalid entries in the Windows registry and improve Windows performance by removing all unnecessary programs from Windows startup.
This is a small guide on how to install and use CCleaner to improve Windows performance on Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista and XP.
How to install and use CCleaner to improve Windows performance.
Part 1. How to install CCleaner.
Part 2. How to optimize Windows with CCleaner.
Part 1. How to install CCleaner.
1. Go ahead and download it CCleaner is free. *
*Note: Please note, Due to CCleaner’s popularity and after it was sold to AVAST, there have been incidents of hackers and malicious code being injected into the official versions. Therefore, always download CCLEANER only from its official distributor: https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/download
2. Once the download is complete, run the executable file to begin installing CCleaner.
3. Choose Running after that Yes In the UAC security warning.
4. On the CCleaner settings screen, remove the mark Click on the “Install Google Chrome” or “Install Avast” window (if you do not want to install the suggested programs) and then. Customize. *
* IMPORTANT NOTICE: Since CCLEANER was acquired by Avast in July 2017, there have been many complaints that recent versions of CCLEANER installers install other bundled programs that are not required for the program to function properly. So during installation REFUSE to install any other software.
5. Just check the first two options and click on it Installation.
6. Once the installation is complete, remove the mark Click on the “View exit notes” window and click Run CCleaner.
Part 2. How to improve Windows performance with CCleaner.
Step 1. Remove junk files from your system using CCleaner.
1. Launch CCleaner.* When CCleaner starts, you will see the following screen.
*Note: If you have already installed CCleaner, then you can find the shortcut of the program on the desktop or in the list of programs menu.
2. By default, CCleaner deletes a lot of junk files (history, cookies, temporary Internet files, etc.) from your computer, but always check which junk files are being deleted. Windows and Applications labels. (In this section, I prefer to use the program with its default options).
3. Click to start cleaning junk files from your system Run the cleaner button at the bottom right of CCleaner.
4. In the next information window, select first Do not show me this message again and then press Keep going.
5. Next, the program will start the cleaning process and you will see a screen like this
6. When the cleaning process is finished, CCleaner will inform you about the amount of junk and privacy files (cookies) removed.
Step 2. Optimize the Windows registry with CCleaner.
CCleaner offers a Registry Cleaner that can be used to remove all invalid entries from the Windows registry. But, it is better not to use it, because it sometimes causes problems with Windows functions and does not significantly improve Windows performance. However, if you want to use a registry cleaner, the risk is yours: *
Caution: I do not recommend using the Registry Cleaner and Driver Updater tools included in the latest versions of CCLEANER, as they can cause serious problems with Windows performance.
1. select Register on the left side and select the option on the right panel Scan for issues.
2. After the registry scan is complete, the program will display registry problems. At this point, review the results and press the button if you want to solve the problems found Fix selected issues Button to continue.
4. “Do you want to back up your registry changes?” select the message Yes, to backup the current registration state before making changes.
5. Then storage transfer the registry backup file to your computer and use this file to restore the registry if you encounter problems after the registry cleaning process.
6. Finally click Fix all selected issues continue.
7. When the cleaning process is complete, click Shut down to return to the main CCleaner window.
Step 3. Remove unnecessary installed programs with CCleaner.
With CCleaner, you can easily view and remove any unwanted program (or store app in Windows 10) from your system. To manage installed programs/apps using CCleaner:
1. press Tools on the left and then select Delete option.
2. Browse through the installed programs and applications and select and click on the program or application you want to uninstall Delete.
Step 4. Remove unnecessary background programs with CCleaner.
One of the most useful features of CCleaner is that you can easily view and manage programs running in the background when Windows starts or from a scheduled task.
To remove unnecessary startup programs with CCleaner:
1. at Tools options, click Start up button and then select Windows tab.*
* Information: On the Windows tab, you’ll see a list of all the startup programs that run automatically when Windows starts.
2. To improve system performance, select programs that you do not want to start with Windows and click Delete button. **
1. By reducing the number of programs running when Windows starts, you can significantly improve Windows performance.
2. If you have problems with any of the uninstalled programs after restarting your computer, restart CCleaner and re-enable it.
To delete unnecessary scheduled programs/tasks with CCleaner:
1. at Tools options, click Start up button and then select Scheduled Tasks* Tab.
* Information: In the “Scheduled Tasks” tab, you will see a list of all programs that run in the background using the Task Scheduler.
2. Carefully review the listed programs and turn off which are not supposed to run in the background.
3. When finished with CCleaner, restart go to your computer to apply the changes and then start using your “clean” computer.
That’s it! Let me know if this guide helped you by leaving a comment about your experience. Please like and share this guide to help others.