Facebook is a social network used by all kinds of people. But each category of users has different reasons for hiding or hiding posts. For example, they don’t want a photo with a tag on their profile, or an event notification has expired. Some people like to keep their Facebook timeline clean and often hide old and unwanted posts. However, you can change your mind later and return these posts. In this article we will try to give you a high tech on how to Hide a Post on Facebook.
Maybe you’re embarrassed about an old photo you’ve posted, but want to keep it as a special memory. On the other hand, companies must maintain their Facebook pages. They may have outdated information in their older posts. Instead of deleting such posts, it might be a better option to hide them, especially if you plan to reuse them later.
How to Hide a Post on Facebook on PC and Smartphone
How to hide your posts from your Facebook profile on a computer
- Open Facebook in a web browser and make sure you are signed into the correct Facebook account.
- Open your profile page by selecting your profile picture in the top left.
- Once on your profile page, scroll down to the post you want to hide.
- Select the three-dot menu in the upper right corner of the post, then select Move to Archive.
- You will get a pop-up message in the lower left corner of your screen: “Move post to your archive, switch to archive”. This means that your post has been moved from your timeline and is no longer visible on your page.
- If you choose Go to File, Facebook will take you to a new page where you can see all your archived posts.
How to hide someone else’s post from your profile
- Go to the Facebook website in your browser and log into your account.
- Go to your profile and find the post you want to hide.
- Select the three-dot menu in the upper right corner of the post and select “Hide from profile.”
How to hide a Facebook post on Facebook using the mobile app
- Open the Facebook app and make sure you’re signed in.
- Tap the hamburger menu in the upper right corner of the screen. You can identify it by a horizontal line above your profile icon.
- From the menu, tap your profile picture and name to go to your profile page. If you have multiple profiles, you can choose the one you want to access.
- Scroll down to find the post you want to hide.
- Tap the three-dot menu in the top right corner of the post and tap Move to Archive.
- Facebook will automatically move the post and notify you with the message at the bottom of the screen “Move post to your archive, to the archive”.
So, here we conclude our article on how to Hide Post on Facebook on PC and Smartphone. If you also want to know how to hide your Facebook post on your smartphone and computer, follow the above mentioned steps.
I hope you understand this article, How to Hide a Post on Facebook.