If you encountered Windows upgrade error 0x800700B7- 0x2000A while trying to upgrade to Windows 11 or to the latest version/build of Windows 10; No need to worry because you are in the right place. One of the common ways to protect your Windows computer is to install the necessary Windows updates to ensure that all components are updated and well supported. Windows 10/11, the latest version of the operating system, has simplified the process of installing Windows updates.
All you have to do is go to the Settings menu, click Update & Security > Windows Update, and then click the Check for updates button to start the process. The latest updates will be automatically downloaded and installed on your computer. Ideally, updating your computer should only take a few clicks.
However, several errors may appear during this simple process and Error 0x800700b7- 0x2000A is one of them. According to user reports, this error occurs every time they try to install Windows builds or updates on their computers. Below are the steps to Fix Windows Upgrade Error 0x800700b7- 0x2000A issue.
4 Ways to Fix Windows Upgrade Error 0x800700b7- 0x2000A
Upgrade your computer while moving into the Clean boot state
- Type MSConfig in the initial search and press Enter key to open the System Configuration Utility.
- Go to the General tab, and then click Selective startup.
- Clear the Load Startup Items check box.
- Check Load System Services and Use the Original startup configuration.
- Now, click on the Services tab.
- Mark the checkbox – Hide All Microsoft Services and press Disable all.
- Click Apply and then OK to restart your computer.
Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter
- Press Win + I to launch the Settings app.
- Click System > Troubleshooting > Other Windows 11 troubleshooting. If you’re on a Windows 10 PC, browse to this path instead – Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshooting > Additional troubleshooting.
- Select Windows Update and press the button – Run the troubleshooter. Windows 11 users can hit the available Run button instead of Windows update.
- When the troubleshooting window launches, click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.
Disable Fast Startup
- First launch Control Panel and hit Power Options. You can access this option by navigating to the path below
Control Panel > All Control Panel items > Power Options
- On the left pane, click “Choose what the power button does”.
- Moving on, click on the link – “Change settings that are not currently available”.
- Under Shutdown settings, uncheck the box to the left of “Turn on fast startup (recommended)” and hit the button – Save changes.
Update device drivers to Fix Error 0x800700b7 – 0x2000A
Use Device Manager
- Open the Power menu by pressing Win + X.
- Select Device Manager.
- When this launches, expand the driver section you wish to update.
- Right click on the drivers inside, and hit the option – update driver.
- Choose the one that suits your update –
- Automatically search for updated driver software: Click this option if you have not downloaded any driver updates by manually visiting their official site.
- Browse my computer for driver software: Only go for this option when you have the latest updates for the drivers in question.
We hope our article on methods to fix Windows Upgrade Error 0x800700b7- 0x2000A will help you and solve all your problems. If you are facing similar issues and want to know how to solve this problem then follow the steps mentioned above.
I hope you understand this article, How to Fix Windows Upgrade Error 0x800700b7- 0x2000A.