The error 0x8024A004 appears when the users try to upgrade from the 21H1 build of Windows 11 to the latest 22H2 build. This problem prevents the users from successfully installing the updates and since the error message does not indicate what caused the problem, users cannot find a solution. In this article we will try to teach you how to Fix Windows Update Error 0x8024A004.
According to some users, Windows update error 0x8024A004 prevents them from updating to the latest version of the operating system. According to this, Windows can download the update, but it shows an error message during the installation. Mostly this error code is seen while updating to the late feature update like from Windows 11 2022.
Windows update error 0x8024A004 mainly occurs when updating Windows 11 22H1 to 22H2. Most of the time, this is caused by a disruption in the configuration of Windows services or when the files related to Windows Update are corrupted. Error 0x8024A005 is another code that can show up along with 0x8024A004. Below we have mentioned the steps to resolve Windows Update Error.
4 Ways to Fix Error 0x8024A004 of Windows Update
- Click the Windows button and select Settings.
- Select Update & Security or System on Windows 11.
- Then on the right pane, click Troubleshoot.
- Click on other troubleshooting / additional troubleshooting.
- Find the Windows Update troubleshooter and hit the Run button.
- Wait for the troubleshooter to complete the scan.
Reset Windows Update Services
- Type services in the search bar and launch the Services utility.
- Find Windows Update in the list.
- Double-click on it and set the Startup type to Automatic, and click on Apply.
- Now click on Restart Service.
- Do the same with Smart Background Transfer Service afterwards.
Check for damaged files
- Open Command Prompt as an administrator by searching for CMD and selecting the CMD admin option.
- Use the following command and press Enter:
- Restart your system.
- Then use the following command lines, pressing Enter after each one:
DISM / Online / Clean-Image / CheckHealthDISM / Online / Clean-Image / ScanHealthDISM / Online / Clean-Image /RestoreHealth
Install update manually
- Go to the official Microsoft Update Catalog website.
- Type the KB number of the update in the search bar, and press Enter or click Search.
- You can search the Updates history for the number.
- You will find many different versions of the update – you need to find the one that suits your computer data and version of Windows.
- After you have picked the right version, click the Download button.
- Once downloaded, double-click the .MSU file.
- Continue with the on-screen instructions.
- The machine may restart a few times.
We hope that our article on methods to fix Windows Update Error 0x8024A004 will help you and solve all your problems. If you are facing similar issues and want to know how to solve this problem then follow the steps mentioned above.
I hope you understand this article, How to fix Windows Update Error 0x8024A004.