Today, email is considered one of the most popular means of communication, and Windows Live supports several programs, including MSN Hotmail and Windows Live Mail, and allows you to download emails from several other accounts. Windows Live Mail is a free e-mail client from Microsoft that allows users to set up their e-mail accounts and take advantage of easy e-mail communication. Windows Mail is the successor to Outlook Express on Windows XP. In this article we will try to teach you how Fix Windows Live Mail Not Working.
Windows Live Mail is compatible with Windows 7 and later versions. It makes it easy to manage email and send and receive messages. But like any other software application, Windows Live Mail is also quite prone to bugs. Errors always point to the program and display various types of error messages. Although Microsoft has ended support for Windows Live Mail, users continue to use it because it is still available. Whenever the application shows an error, you cannot contact the Microsoft support team. Below we have mentioned the steps to Fix Windows Live Mail Not Working.
How to fix Windows Live Mail not working
Finish the Process and Reboot
Minor errors can sometimes be corrected by restarting the program. You may be able to use Windows Live Mail after the restart if you haven’t made any significant changes to your system. Follow the steps below to complete this process and resume:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to launch the Task Manager.
- Go to the Details tab and search for wlmail.exe.
- Right-click on it and select End task or End Process.
- Then, open Windows Live Mail again and check if you still have the error.
Remove an Existing Account and Create a New One
This method is a better solution than a solution. If there are problems with your current Live Mail account, you can try creating another account to resolve these problems. Here’s how you can sign in with a different account:
- Open your Windows Live Mail.
- Click the Account icon and select Sign out of Windows Live Mail.
- Then, log in with another email account and check if the program stops working.
Launch System Restore
You can try resetting your system to a restore point if all previous solutions fail to fix this problem. To do so, please follow these instructions:
- Open the Run command.
- Here type systempropertiesprotection and press Enter. You will be redirected to the System Protection tab in System Properties.
- Click System Restore to start the process.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
Here we have provided the solutions for Windows Live Mail not working problem. Users who are confused about this problem can follow the solutions to solve it. Of course, different problems need to be handled differently, and for that we have provided specific solutions. If all else fails, you can take the help of the professional third-party EML converter tool to transfer your Outlook emails to other email clients without losing any data.
I hope you understand this article, How to fix Windows Live Mail not working.