In general, a boot device is any piece of hardware that contains or can read the files and drivers needed to start a computer. To start your computer, the operating system is usually loaded from the bootable media, which can be a hard disk, CD/DVD, or USB drive. In this article we will try to teach you how to fix Windows 11 Inaccessible Boot Device.
In short, the boot device inaccessible error tells the computer that there is a problem and that it needs to restart to fix it. If you notice an inaccessible boot device, it means that your computer cannot read the Windows 11 partition on the hard drive from which it is booted.
When Windows can’t access the system drive, you’ll get a Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) crash with the stop code: BOOT DEVICE UNAVAILABLE. This can happen after you log into your account or before. It can be frustrating because you can’t load your account to try common solutions. However, it is not necessary to format and reinstall Windows just yet. Below we have mentioned the steps to fix Windows PC Inaccessible Boot Device.
4 Ways to Fix Windows 11 Inaccessible Startup Device
Run a check scan on the disk
- Type cmd in the Start menu search bar, then click Run as administrator.
- Type chkdsk / f / r X: (drive letter) and press Enter. CHKDSK will look for drive errors and let you know if it found any that you should fix, but it won’t try to fix them without command.
- Press Y when prompted to check disk at next system reboot.
- Restart the computer to check if it works.
Reset BIOS configuration
- Restart your computer and press F2/DEL during this process to enter the BIOS.
- In the Advanced Options menu, change the mode from Configure SATA to AHCI, tap F10 to save and exit the BIOS.
Update IDE ATA/SATA Controller Drivers
- Open Device Manager by right-clicking the Start icon on the taskbar.
- Select the arrow and click to expand IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers and right click to select Update driver.
- In the newly opened window you will be presented with two options. Choose one of them based on your needs.
- Then all you have to do is follow the instructions of the wizard and restart the computer normally.
Run a system file scan
- Quickly type a command in the search box, select it and run as administrator.
- Type command DISM.exe /Online / Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and press Enter.
- Then type sfc /scannow and press Enter to wait for completion.
We hope our article on Methods to Fix Windows 11 Inaccessible Boot Device will help you and solve all your problems. If you are facing similar issues and want to know how to solve this problem then follow the steps mentioned above.
I hope you understand this article, How to Fix Windows 11 Inaccessible Startup Device.