Like the rest of Windows 11, File Explorer has seen major UI changes, but that doesn’t mean it’s bug-free. Some users recently reported that File Explorer keeps crashing Windows 11 when they right click on any of the exe files. This usually happens right after users start their operating system. It’s almost impossible to be productive with Windows 11 without using File Explorer a lot. In this article we will try to teach you how to Fix Windows 11 File Explorer Crashing.
So if you find File Explorer crashing or not responding, your productivity can quickly come to a halt. With the release of Microsoft’s new operating system update in the form of Windows 11, the good old reliable file explorer has made a comeback – this time with redesigned features to make it easier to use. Below we have mentioned the steps to fix Windows 11 File Crashing.
3 Ways to Fix File Explorer Crash Issues on Windows 11
Run an SFC Scan
- Look for Command Prompt in the Start menu. Right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. This will run the command prompt as an administrator.
- In the command prompt, type the command sfc /scannow and press Enter.
- The process begins. Wait for the process to finish and then restart your computer.
Clear the Cache Of The File Explorer
- Open the Control Panel, and then look for File Explorer Options in the Control Panel search bar.
- Open File Explorer Options.
- On the “General” tab, in the “Privacy” section, find the “Delete” option. Click Clear to clear the cache, and then click OK.
- Close the Control Panel and your File Explorer will no longer crash.
Adjust the File Explorer options
- Open Control Panel.
- In the search bar in the upper right corner, type and open File Explorer Options.
- Select the General tab.
- Next to the Open File Explorer in: drop-down menu, select This computer.
- Click on Apply, then on OK.
We hope our article on methods to fix File Explorer Crash Issues on Windows 11 will help you and solve all your problems. If you are facing similar issues and want to know how to solve this problem then follow the steps mentioned above.
I hope you understand this article, How to Fix Windows 11 File Explorer Crashing.