Wireless adapters often come in the form of USB sticks that need to be plugged into a USB port on a computer or device. USB has become the universal standard for all kinds of accessory devices that plug into a computer or workstation. In this article we will show you how fix wifi adapter not working in Windows PC.
Wireless adapters also come in the form of PCI network cards that plug into a PCI slot on the computer’s motherboard. They usually do not plug into the Ethernet port. Instead, an Ethernet cable can connect a computer directly to a router or other device. Below we have mentioned the steps to fix wifi adapter not working in Windows PC.
How to fix wifi adapter not working in Windows PC
Update the network drivers (internet required)
- Right-click the Start button and select Device Manager.
- Click on the Network adapters section, find the wifi adapter, right click on it and select Update driver.
- Now select the first option, Search automatically for drivers.
- If the system finds a new driver, it will install it, and you will be prompted to restart. The wifi adapter not working issue will be fixed.
Use Network troubleshooter
- Press the Windows key + I to open Settings, then go to Updates & Security.
- Select Troubleshooting from the left pane and click on additional troubleshooting.
- Select Internet connections and click the Run the troubleshooter button.
- Follow additional instructions on the screen and allow the process to finish.
- Restart your computer.
Reset network adapters
- Right-click the Start button and select Windows PowerShell (Administration).
- Type or paste the following lines into Windows Powershell and press Enter after each one:
- Restart your computer and see if you can connect to WiFi now.
So here we do our article on How to fix WiFi adapter not working in Windows PC. A Wi-Fi adapter allows you to connect your desktop or laptop computer to your wireless router so you can access your home network and the Internet. Without a Wi-Fi adapter, you would have to run an Ethernet cable from the router to your computer and plug it into your computer’s Ethernet port.
I hope you understand this article, How to fix wifi adapter not working in Windows PC.