Today, when one of my clients clicked the Send-Receive button to check for new email messages using Microsoft Outlook (2010), he suddenly got a “Not implemented” error message on his screen. As a result of this error, the client could not use Outlook to send or receive any messages. After some research on the installed programs, we found that two versions of MS Office were installed on the computer and the settings of the Outlook program were corrupted. So, we used the following solution to solve “.Not implemented“error:
How to resolve “not implemented” error in MS Outlook
Step 1. Uninstall the version of Office you don’t want.
First, determine which version of Outlook and Office you want to use, and then uninstall the other one.
1. To do this, go to:
- Windows 8/7/Vista: Start > Control Panel.
- Windows XP: Start > Settings > Control Panel
2. Double click to open “Add or remove programs“if you have Windows XP or “Programs and features” if you have Windows 8, 7 or Vista).
3. Find it in the list of installed programs and delete/delete Office version you don’t want to (eg MS Office 365).
Step 2. Repair the office installation
Next, repair your Office installation by:
1. In the program list, select “.Microsoft OfficeClick on “Version installed on your computer” and “Change” from above.
2. On the next screen “Repair” option and press “Keep going“.
3. After the repair process is complete, restart your computer and start working with Outlook again.
Additional help: If “Not implemented” error still appears in Outlook, then try the following:
1. Create a new Outlook profile: Start > Control Panel > Mail > Show profiles.
2. Now click onAddClick on ” to create a new profile” and when done “Request a profile to use” option and press “OK“.
3.Open Outlook, select your newly created profile from the list and set up your email account in this profile. Now you should be fine.
Link to MS article: How to create a profile and set up an email account in Outlook