iPhone users around the world are reporting the “green line on iPhone screen” problem on social media, group discussions and online forums. Everyone is flooded with the question, “Why is there a green line on my iPhone?”. Green lines on an iPhone screen may make you suspect that your iPhone screen is damaged. In this article we will show you how fix green lines on iPhone screen.
However, since many iPhone users have reported the same problem, it is possible that it is caused by hardware problems, but more by software errors and bugs. Instead of applying to the device module replacement program to replace your phone screen. Below we have mentioned the steps to fix Lock lines on iPhone screen.
How to fix green lines on iPhone screen
Restart your iPhone
It may seem strange, but computers also have a force restart option, and a simple force restart makes it work effectively. This feature is vital for your iPhone and will also give it a fresh start. It is a common fix for most iTunes and iPhone errors. If the green lines on the iPhone screen are due to an app bug, restarting the device may fix it. Here’s how to restart an iPhone: For iPhone 8 or later models, quickly press and release the Volume Up button and do the same for the Volume Down buttons. From there, hold the Side button until the Apple logo appears.
Check if the screen is wet
Check if your iPhone is damp or wet, as wetness can cause green lines on the screen. If your iPhone screen is wet, wipe it with a cloth and check if the green lines are gone.
Reset iPhone settings
If a forced restart doesn’t fix the problems, try resetting the custom settings to factory defaults. The problem may be caused by incorrect personal settings. This solution to reset your iPhone will only delete the personal settings. You don’t have to worry about losing any data. To reset iPhone settings, do the following:
- From your iPhone’s main menu, navigate to “Settings” and “General”.
- From “General”, scroll down until you reach the “Reset” tab and click “Reset all settings”.
- Enter your password to confirm the action and wait until the process is complete.
Update iOS to the latest Version
Apple regularly provides updates to fix software bugs and improve system performance. However, if you are using an outdated operating system on your iPhone, it is vulnerable to security risks, causing green lines to appear on the iPhone screen. Update it to the latest iOS version with the following quick guide to fix the problem.
- Go to Settings and select General.
- Click the Software Update icon to access the update menu.
- Click Download and Install to download all the latest software updates. Make sure you have enough disk space.
- Finally, tap Install and then the password to install all the updates.
Run your iPhone in Recovery Mode
Try running it in recovery mode if the green line doesn’t disappear after resetting your iPhone. The process is similar to resetting your iPhone, but this time you update your iPhone in recovery mode. Be sure to note that no data will be deleted from your iPhone during this process. We recommend a backup of your data before you run your iPhone in recovery mode. Below you will find instructions on how to do this.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer with a good Apple USB cable. Then launch iTunes on the computer. Make sure you have the latest version of the iTunes app on the computer.
- After connecting your iPhone, force restart your iPhone and long press the power button until you see the recovery mode. Then, you will see a notification pop up on the phone screen that says: there is a problem with your iPhone that needs to be updated.
- Click on the “Update” option to proceed, and iTunes will automatically reinstall the iOS software on your iPhone. Wait for a while for the process to complete before exiting the recovery mode.
The green line problem is one of the noted display issues faced by many iPhone X users. As mentioned earlier, the occurrence of this problem is related to a problematic connection between the digitizer and the LCD of the iPhone. That is, it is often a hardware problem. But in some cases, the occurrence of green lines can be attributed to some random firmware errors such as update errors that trigger data corruption and in-app glitches.
I hope you understand this article, How to fix green lines on iPhone screen.