When you try to update or install a particular piece of software on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer, you may get the Windows Installer prompt stating an Error applying changes. Verify that the specified transformation paths are valid. In this article we will show you how fix “Error Applying Transforms” Error in Windows.
A transformation is a collection of changes applied to an installation. By applying a transformation to a base installation package, the installer can add or replace data in the installation database. The installer can only apply transformations during installation. Below we have mentioned the steps to fix the “Error and Changes in Application” Error in Windows.
How to fix “Error and Apply Transforms” Error in Windows
Register the Windows Installer
As mentioned above, “the error of implementation varies. verify that the specified transform paths are valid, a corrupt Windows Installer may cause the message when the change is applied. In this case, reprogramming the Windows Installer may help you solve this problem.
- Press Windows + R to open the Run dialog.
- Type msiexec /unregister in the text box and then press Enter.
- After that, open the Run dialog again. Then type msiexec /regserver in the box and click OK.
- After you finish the operation, go to check if the error is fixed.
Run the Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter
The Install and Uninstall Programs troubleshooter can help you fix problems that prevent you from installing or removing programs. So, when you are facing the “error applying transforms verify that the specified transform paths are valid” issue, you can try to solve it with this troubleshooter as well.
- Visit the official Microsoft Support website and download the Install and Uninstall Programs troubleshooter.
- After you finish the download process, open this troubleshooter and click Next to detect problems.
- In the next window, select Install or Uninstall according to your own needs.
- Select the problem program from the list or No List if it does not appear in this list. Then click Next.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to fix the problems found with the specific program.
- Once done, restart your computer to see if the error is fixed.
We hope that our article on “How to fix “Error and Changes in Application” Error in Windows” will help you do that. The Windows system allows users to install programs created by developers for their use. These programs create file settings needed to run the program. When installing a certain program, Windows users often encounter an error: Error applying transformations.
I hope you understand this article, How to fix “Error and Apply Transforms” Error in Windows.