Error code 0x80004005 usually occurs when accessing folders or shared drives, using certain programs, or when there is a problem installing Windows updates. Error code 0x80004005 occurs due to problems with Windows updates and errors when moving or renaming files and folders. Additionally, problems opening or extracting compressed files and problems with Windows notifications are responsible for displaying this error code. In this article we will try to teach you how to fix Error 0x80004005 on Windows 11 PC.
Errors are common in Windows operating systems. Users face this error code for various reasons. But these error codes help minimize repair time by telling you the possible reasons behind the problem. Sometimes you may face this type of code after installing a certain program because some apps may contain corrupt files. Below we have mentioned the steps to fix Error 0x80004005 on Windows PC.
3 Ways to fix Error 0x80004005 on Windows 11
Start in Clean Boot
- Hold Windows key + R and type or paste msconfig and then click OK.
- Next, go to the Startup tab to enable the Secure Startup option.
- Navigate to the General tab and make sure the Optional startup radio button is checked and uncheck the Load startup items.
- Click the Service tab and check the Hide all Microsoft services box, then tap Disable all.
- On the Startup tab, click Open Task Manager and uncheck all startup items.
Check your laptop drivers
- Launch the Settings app and go to the left panel to select Windows Update. Now click on Advanced options on the right side.
- In the Additional options section, tap Optional updates.
- Now select Driver Updates from the dropdown menu and check all the boxes next to the updates you see. Finally, tap the Download and Install button. In my particular case, no more.
Use the Updated Troubleshooting
- Hold Windows key + I to open the Settings app and on the right side navigate to System and then Troubleshooting
- Once you’re in the troubleshooting menu, tap the More troubleshooting option to find out more.
- Scroll down to Windows Update Troubleshooter and click Run next to it.
We hope our article on methods to fix Error 0x80004005 on Windows 11 will help you and solve all your problems. If you are facing similar problems and want to know how to solve this problem then follow the steps mentioned above.
I hope you understand this article, How to fix Error 0x80004005 on Windows 11 computer.