Registry errors in Windows 11 can be some of the most frustrating issues to deal with because they can accumulate over time and seem to have no apparent reason. Whether it’s just system clutter, malware, or an incomplete shutdown, there are ways to fix corrupt registry items in Windows 11. The Windows registry is a huge database of settings information, options, and values for your hardware and software installed on your. Windows operating system. This article is about how to fix Windows 11 Broken Registry Items.
The program has two main basic elements – keys and values. Whenever you install new software, start a program, or change hardware settings, Windows always uses the registry to retrieve the relevant keys and values. To customize the Windows workflow or increase performance, you can use the built-in Windows registry editor (Regedit) to modify registry keys. However, be careful when changing registry keys as it can seriously corrupt your operating system. Below are the steps to fix Broken Registry Items windows PC.
3 Ways to Repair Broken Windows 11 Registry Items
Run a deployment image and scan system files
- Click the Search Utility taskbar button.
- Type cmd in the search text box to get the command prompt.
- Click on the Run as administrator option for Command Prompt.
- Now type this command in the Command Prompt window and press Enter:
DISM.exe /Online / Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- When the first scan is complete, enter this system files command and press Enter:
Use Startup Repair
- On the taskbar, click Start.
- Then click the Power button on the Start menu.
- Hold down the Shift key and click Restart.
- Next, select Troubleshoot from the Choose an option menu that opens.
- Click on the Advanced Options button.
- From the Advanced Options menu, select Startup Repair.
- Select an account to apply startup repair, and then enter its password.
- Press the Next button.
Run the Disk Cleanup tool
- Right-click the Start button on the taskbar to bring up the menu below.
- Select Run on that menu.
- Type the following command in the Run’s Open box:
- Click OK to open the Disk Cleanup window.
- Press the Clean up system files button on that window.
- Check all files boxes in Disk Cleanup.
- Click the OK button to open the dialog box.
- Press the Delete Files button on that dialog box.
That’s it with our article on ways to repair Broken Registry Items in Windows 11. A solid Windows registry is extremely important for your Windows operating system to function properly. The registry contains a database that contains settings for software and other information related to user preferences, hardware, and most importantly, the operating system itself.
I hope you understand this article, How to repair Broken Windows 11 Registry Items.