Starting with Windows 11 Build 25197, the operating system includes a new desktop spotlight. If you click “More information about this image”, a pop-up item opens with details about the image at the bottom of the screen. Also, it allows to change the wallpaper and even use Bing to find similar looking desktop wallpapers. Because it is a hidden function. This article is about how to enable Spotlight UI in Windows 11.
Windows 11 Build 25197 was released yesterday with several user interface updates. First of all, Microsoft has officially announced the animated icons in the Settings app. Secondly, the release marked the return of the tablet-optimized taskbar, although the latter was actually introduced as a hidden feature in previous builds.
Microsoft recently added Windows Spotlight-based theme in Windows 11 Insider Build and is now internally testing an improved Spotlight UI for Windows 11 25197. The improved Spotlight UI will provide more information about the backgrounds available through the Spotlight feature in Windows 11 to display.
How to Turn on Spotlight UI in Windows 11
- Open the GitHub website.
- Download the ViveTool-vx.xxzip file to enable the new Open With dialog.
- Double-click the zip folder to open it with File Explorer.
- Click on the Extract all button.
- Click on the Extract button.
- Copy the path to the folder.
- Open Front.
- Search for Command Prompt, right-click on the top result, and select the Run as administrator option.
- Type the following command to navigate to the Vivetool folder and press Enter:
Type the following command to enable the new Spotlight panel on Windows 11 and press Enter:
Vivetool /enable /id: 39710659Vivetool /enable /id: 40268500Vivetool /enable /id: 39880030
- Restart the computer.
- Open Settings.
- Click on Personalization.
- Click on the Background tab.
- Select the Windows spotlight option in the “Personalize your background” setting.
- Right-click the Spotlight icon on the desktop.
We hope you like our article on how to use spotlight on Windows 11 PC will help you and solve all your problem. You can access the new Spotlight user interface by right-clicking the “Learn more about this image” shortcut on the desktop (this is available when you set Spotlight as your desktop wallpaper). You can quickly switch between wallpapers using the control panel
I hope you understand this article, How to enable Spotlight UI in Windows 11.