If you want to enable or disable Chrome Reading List on your device, keep reading this guide for step-by-step instructions! Until now, Bookmarks was the only folder Chrome users used to save things they were interested in on the web. A folder that is always overflowing with a month’s worth of web pages, making it difficult for users to manage them.Some time ago, Google Chrome introduced the reading list feature, which allows users to save pages that they want to read later, and I personally found this feature very useful due to the following advantages over the classic “Bookmarks” . :
- All saved pages in your Chrome reading list are saved offline, so you don’t need an internet connection to read saved pages.
- All pages in your Chrome reading list are synced with your Google Account, making them easier to access than bookmarks.
In this guide, we’ll show you how to enable or disable Chrome Reading List on your desktop and mobile devices. *
* Update (October 2022): Reading list is already enabled in the latest versions of Chrome. Just click Side panel sign to the left of your profile icon to view it.
How to enable or disable the Chrome reading list on desktop or mobile.
The method to enable or disable the Chrome Reading List feature is the same on desktop and mobile devices, so follow these steps on your device:
1. Open Google Chrome and type ” in the address bar.chrome://flags” (without quotes) and press Enter.
2. write”readingIn the search bar ” and click Enter.
3. Installation Reading list for Enabled and press Restart restart the browser and apply the change. *
*Note: To whom Disable/Disable Set this setting to install a reading list from Chrome Off & Restart Chrome.
4. After the browser restarts, the “Reading List” icon should appear Bookmarks panel. *
*Note: If you can’t find the Reading List icon, go to Chrome Settings and select Show bookmarks panel from the list of available options.
How to use the Chrome reading list on the desktop.
1. Open Google Chrome and go to the webpage you want to read later.
2. click on it A star sign in the navigation bar and select Add to reading list from the available options.
3. After adding a page to your reading list, a small red dot will appear Reading list icon in the navigation bar indicates that a new page has been added to the list.
4. To read a page saved in the Reading List, click the Reading List icon in the upper right corner of the browser window and click the page you want to read.
5. When you’re done reading, you can click the check mark to mark the page as read X button to remove the page from the reading list.
How to use Chrome Reading List on mobile.
1. Go to the webpage you want to add to your reading list.
2. Long press the page (article) title until the quick options menu appears on the screen.
3. Choose Read later and the page is added to your Chrome reading list.
2. Tap to read a page added to your reading list More Click the button (three dots) in the upper right corner of the Chrome window and select Bookmarks.
3. tap on reading list, to view and read your saved links.
That’s it! Let me know if this guide helped you by leaving a comment about your experience. Please like and share this guide to help others.