This guide provides detailed instructions on how to legally download a Windows 10 ISO file from Microsoft’s website to create a Windows 10 installation DVD using Microsoft’s media creation tool. A bootable Windows 10 installation DVD can be used to clean install Windows 10 or repair a Windows 10-based computer.
How to download Windows 10 ISO and create a bootable Windows 10 DVD using MCT.
Step 1. Download the Media Creation Tool (MCT).
1. Go to the Windows 10 download site and select Download tool now button.
Step 2. Use Media Creation Tool to upgrade or download Windows 10.
1. Running the MediaCreationTool.exe.
2. On the next screen, select * Create the installation media for another computer & press The next one.
- To perform a clean install of Windows 10, you must have the appropriate Windows 10 product key to activate Windows.
- If you bought a pre-installed Windows 10 computer (its operating system is pre-installed from the computer manufacturer), then the product key is stored in the BIOS, and during the installation of Windows it is automatically (from the BIOS ) is obtained.
- If you are currently running Windows 8.1 or Windows 7 SP1 (already activated) and want to upgrade your PC to Windows 10*, select “.Update this PC nowOn the next screen, ” and then follow the on-screen instructions to upgrade your OS to Windows 10.
3. Select the Windows 10 Edition* you want to download and click on it The next one.
- If you want to install Windows 10 on the current computer, leave the Use the recommended options for this computer the box is checked. In this case, the Media Creation Tool creates a Windows 10 installation disc with the same language, edition, and architecture as the current computer.
- Uncheck if you want to install Windows 10 on a different computer, language, language, edition, architecture. Use the recommended options for this computer box and select the Windows 10 language, edition, and architecture you want to download. **
** For Windows 10 as the selected edition: This option can set both House and Pro edition (according to your product key).
4. Make sure you select the correct installation media to create and click OK.
5. Select an option on the next screen ISO file and press The next one. *
- By choice ISO fileAfter the Windows 10 ISO download is complete, you can save Windows 10 to your computer for later use or burn a bootable Windows 10 DVD.
- If you want to create a Windows 10 USB installation media, select a USB flash drive and then follow the instructions in this post: How to create a Windows 10 bootable USB drive.
6. Select the specified location (the ISO file will be saved/saved) and click Save.
7. After the Windows 10 ISO download is complete:
- press Open the DVD burner and insert a blank DVD into the DVRW tray to create an instant bootable Windows 10 installation/repair DVD or
- press Termination. You can use the downloaded Windows 10 ISO at any time to create a bootable Windows 10 USB or DVD by following the instructions in these articles: