Currently, most manufacturers do not include copies of Windows 8 or Windows 8.1. The OS installation DVD is with their systems, so you can’t do a clean install or troubleshoot your computer if you want to. On the other hand, Microsoft does not offer to download Windows 8 in an ISO file, as it did before, but gives you the option to download Windows 8.1.
This guide is written for users who legitimately have Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 installed on their systems and want to download it.
Windows 8 or Copy the Windows 8.1 ISO file to perform a clean installation of the operating system using a USB or DVD drive.
How to download and install Windows 8.1
1. Download Windows 8.1 disc image (ISO file) here.
2. Burn Windows 8.1 ISO file to DVD or USB.
3. To find your installed Windows product key, read the following article:
4. Boot your computer from DVD or USB and install Windows 8.1. *
1. A product key is required for installation. You can use your own product key or one of the following public keys (use them only for installation):
—– WINDOWS 8 AND WINDOWS 8.1 PUBLIC KEYS ——–
- Windows 8.0 or 8.1: 334NH-RXG76-64THK-C7CKG-D3VPT
- Windows 8.0 N or 8.1 N: 6NPQ8-PK64X-W4WMM-MF84V-RGB89
- Windows 8.0 Professional or Windows 8.1 Professional: XHQ8N-C3MCJ-RQXB6-WCHYG-C9WKB
- Windows 8.0 Professional N or Windows 8.1 Professional N: JRBBN-4Q997-H4RM2-H3B7W-Q68KC
- Windows 8.0 is the only language or Windows 8.1 is the only language: Y9NXP-XT8MV-PT9TG-97CT3-9D6TC
2. After installation, you must use your product key to activate Windows. For this:
- Right click at My computer & select Characteristics.
- Choose Change product key (or Activate Windows) and enter your appropriate product key.
— An alternative way to change the product key after installation —
1. Press Win + R keys.
2. Type in the Run box changepk & press Enter.
3. Type your product key,
3. If you purchased a Windows 8.1 computer from the computer manufacturer with the OS preinstalled, use it. get_win8key open script tool to retrieve Windows 8.x product key from BIOS. Write down the key you received for backup reasons or activation issues.
4. If a Windows 8 or 8.1 product is installed in the BIOS, Windows should activate itself after installation without asking for a key.
– To boot from a USB or DVD device, you need to enter the BIOS settings and change the boot order. For this:
(With Windows 8 USB or DVD bootable disk already inserted).
1. Enter the BIOS settings by pressing the buttonDEL“or”F1“or”F2“or”F10“. (The method of accessing the BIOS settings depends on the computer manufacturer.)
2. “Find” in the bios menuDownload procedure” setting. This setting is usually located in the “Advanced BIOS features” menu.
3a. Go to “First boot deviceclick the “option” buttonEnter“.
3b. Use the arrow keys to select “USB-HDD” or DVD drive “First boot device” and then click “Enter“.
4. press “ESC” Return to BIOS main menu and select “Save and exit configuration” to save and exit your selections BIOS CMOS Setup Utility.
5. Continue with the Windows installation.