Hiren’s BootCD (HBCD) is a bootable CD that contains a set of tools to help users fix their computer if the system won’t boot. Specifically, HBCD includes hardware diagnostic programs, partition tools, data recovery utilities, antivirus tools, and many other tools to troubleshoot your computer. I’m writing this article because I often use Hiren’s BootCD to solve computer problems, especially when the computer won’t boot anymore due to a virus attack or a corrupted file system.
In this article, you will find instructions on how to put Hiren’s BootCD on a USB flash drive (stick) for future computer troubleshooting.
How to Create Hiren’s Boot USB Flash Drive
Step 1. Download Hiren’s BootCD.
1. Download Hiren’s BootCD version 15.2 * to your computer. (Click Source > Hirens.BootCD.15.2.zip)
*Note: You can find/download the latest version of Hiren’s BootCD from the official download page: https://www.hirensbootcd.org/download/ (scroll down and click on HBCD_PE_x64.iso)
2. When the download is complete, “right click”Hirens.BootCD.15.2.zip” extract the file.
Step 2: Download RUFUS USB Boot Creator Utility*.
* Rufus It is a great utility that helps you create bootable USB flash drives like USB keys/pendrives, memory cards, etc.
1. Go to the official Rufus download page and download RUFUS USB bootable Creator utility to your computer.
Step 3. Create Bootable Hiren’s BootCD USB flash drive.
1. Remove and connect all USB memory drives from your computer BOSS* USB stick (minimum 1 GB) into a free USB port.
Attention: Do not leave your files on the USB flash drive, as all files will be deleted during this operation.
2. Now double click to run”rufus” application.
When the Rufus utility starts:
3. Select a blank USB flash drive connected to your computer.
4. At”create a bootable disk using” option, “ISO image“.
5. Then press the sign next to “ISO image” entry “ to select Hiren’s ISO image fileHiren’s.BootCD.15.2“. Jesus” from your computer.
6. “InsideHiren’s Boot 15.2” folder, pselectHiren’s BootCD 15.2.iso” select image file and “It’s open“.
7. When you’re done, clickStart“.
8. Read the warning message carefully and “OK“.
Wait for the Rufus utility to erase the USB flash drive and transfer the Hiren’s Boot ISO files to it.
9. After the Rufus operation is complete, near Rufus utility, unmount the USB flash drive and use it to troubleshoot your computer in the future.
Note: To boot from Hiren’s Bootable USB flash drive, you need to set the USB as the first boot device from the BIOS settings. For this:
- Enabled click on your computer and “DEL“or”F1“or”F2“or”F10” enter BIOS (CMOS) installation utility.
(The method of accessing the BIOS settings depends on the computer manufacturer).
- In the BIOS menu “Download procedure“adjustment.
(This setting is usually “located inAdvanced BIOS features” menu).
- At”Download procedure” setting USB-HDD such as first boot device.
- Save and Exit From the BIOS settings.