This guide contains step-by-step instructions for creating a distribution list in Office 365. A distribution list is a group of people with a global email address, so if you want to send an email to this group, you have t to write the name of each recipient.
Distribution lists (or “Distribution groups”) are usually used by large organizations or companies with many employees in each department (group) and a unique email address for each of these departments for easy communication. would like to have a mailing address. For example, if one company has many people in its sales department, it can use a distribution list with a global email address (for example, “firstname.lastname@example.org”) to communicate with all employees of the sales department. possible
How to create a distribution group (list) in Microsoft 365.
1. Introduction Go to the Office 365 admin center and go Groups > Add a group.
2. Select the group type in the selection options Distribution.
3. As a name, enter a familiar name (for example, “Sell”) and click The next one.
4. The group email address is:
a. Enter a global email address for the distribution list (for example, “sales”).
b. If you want to receive mail from people outside your organization, select Allow people outside my organization to send mail to this distribution list.
c. Click when done The next one.
5. press Create a group.
6. Now open a new group and at the address below Members tab, click View all and manage members.
7. press Add members.
8. Now select and click on the user(s) who will receive and reply to emails at the new email address Save.
That’s it! Let me know if this guide helped you by leaving a comment about your experience. Please like and share this guide to help others.