Currently, most computer manufacturers do not include an optical media (disc) reader in their products (especially laptops), so if you want to clean install Windows 8 or troubleshoot problems with your computer, You must have Windows 8. (or 8.1) USB bootable disk.
In this guide, you can find step-by-step instructions on how to create a bootable Windows 8 (or 8.1) USB drive from a Windows 8 ISO image file.
1. A Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 ISO image file.
2. Rufus USB Boot Creator Utility.
3. An BLANK USB drive have at least 4 GB of storage space.
How to create a Windows 7, 8 or 8.1 bootable USB drive.
Step 1: Download RUFUS USB Boot Creator Utility*.
* Rufus It’s a great utility that helps you create bootable USB flash drives like USB keys/pendrives, memory sticks, etc.
1. Go to the official Rufus download page and download RUFUS USB Bootable Creator Utility to your computer.
Step 2. Create a bootable Windows 8 (8.1) USB flash drive.
1. Remove and connect all USB memory drives from your computer BOSS* USB stick (at least 4 GB) into an empty USB port.
Attention: Do not leave your files on the USB flash drive, as all files will be deleted during this operation.
2. Now double click to run”rufus” application.
When the Rufus utility starts:
3. Select a blank USB flash drive that you have connected to your computer.
4. At”create a bootable disk using” option, select “ISO image“.
5. Then press the sign next to “Create a bootable disc using the ISO Image” option.
6. Select the Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 ISO file from your computer (eg Windows.iso) and “It’s open“.
7. When completed, “Start“.
8. Read the warning message carefully and “OK“.
— Wait until the Rufus utility erases the USB flash drive and transfers the Windows 8 ISO files to it. —
9. After the Rufus operation is complete, near Run the Rufus utility, remove the USB flash drive and use it to troubleshoot Windows 8 or install a clean OS.
Note: To boot from a USB drive, you need to set USB as the first boot device from the BIOS settings. For this:
- Enabled click on your computer and “DEL“or”F1“or”F2“or”F10” enter BIOS (CMOS) installation utility.
(The method of accessing the BIOS settings depends on the computer manufacturer).
- In the BIOS menu “Download procedure“adjustment.
(This setting is usually “located inAdvanced BIOS features” menu).
- At”Download procedure” setting, install a USB drive (eg USB-HDD) as first boot device.
- Save and Exit From the BIOS settings.