If you are looking for a way to convert Office files (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) to PDF files, continue reading below.
The PDF file format is one of the most common file formats today. It is widely used not only in the legal, medical and real estate industries, but it is used in schools and colleges, small businesses or even at home.
Many individuals and organizations prefer the PDF format because of its portability (you can share without worrying about dependencies), reliability, security, ease of creation, and universal compatibility.
In this guide, we will show you the process of converting Office files to PDF. Office users and non-users alike will find this guide useful.
How to Convert Microsoft Office Files to PDF (If You Have MS Office or Not)
Method 1. How to convert Word, Excel or PowerPoint files to PDF in Microsoft Office.
The easiest way to convert any Office document (Word, Excel, or PowerPoint) to PDF is to use the “Save As” option in the Office program you’re opening the file in and choose to save the document as a PDF. For example, to convert a Microsoft Word file to PDF: *
*Note: In this example, we will show you how to convert a Word document to PDF. You can use the same steps for any other MS Office file (Excel or PowerPoint) as the steps are the same.
1. Open the specified document and click on it File located in the upper left corner of your window.
2. Choose Save otherwise from the left panel.
3. On the Save As screen, click the folder (location) where you want to save the file (for example, Documents).
4. In the “Save As” box, expand “”.Save as type“option and choice”PDF (*.pdf)“.
5. Finally, click on Save Click the button to save the file as PDF.
Method 2. Convert Microsoft Office files to PDF using Google Drive.
If you don’t have Microsoft Office installed, you can easily convert any Word, Excel or PowerPoint document file to PDF using Google Drive.
1. Open Google Drive and click on it New button.
2. Choose File upload and upload the Office file you want to convert.
3. Now right click and select the downloaded file > Open with Google [Service]. For example, if you are uploading a Word document, you should upload it to Google Docs.
4. Once the file opens, select File go to the top bar as shown below and go to: Download –> PDF document (.pdf). This should convert the file to PDF in no time.
Method 3. Convert Microsoft Office files to PDF Online format.
Another way to convert Office files to PDF is to use Online PDF Converter. (In this example we will use freepdfconvert.com for this purpose).
1. Go to freepdfconvert.com and click on it Select the file.
2. Upload the file you want to convert to PDF.
3. click on Download it Click the button to download the PDF file.
Method 4. Convert Microsoft Office files to PDF with LibreOffice.
LibreOffice is a free alternative to Microsoft Office that includes a spreadsheet program, database tool, presentation creator, and word processor. In it, you can open Office files and easily edit them or convert them to PDF.
- Download the latest version of LibreOffice to your computer.
- Once the download is complete, install it and then launch the program.
- Now open the file you want to convert to PDF in LibreOffice.
- click on it File and select Export as PDF.
That’s it! Which method worked for you?
Let me know if this guide helped you by leaving a comment about your experience. Please like and share this guide to help others.