Black and white photography is a great way to capture texture. It’s also a great way to focus on your content without the colors distracting the audience. Light and shade are the only defining features, making a black and white image look more dramatic than a color image in many use cases. What do you do when you have a color photograph that you hoped to capture in black and white? You can digitally transform it in Microsoft Photos. This article is about how to Convert Images to Black and White in Windows 11.
You can create a black and white image in the Windows 10 or 11 Photos app. With this application you will get a simple and high-contrast image that will leave a strong impression on the audience. This is a built-in professional photo editor that offers you many useful features for advanced users.
Microsoft Photos is a built-in application available in all editions of Windows 10, so you don’t need to install it. The process of editing the photo is also quite simple. Don’t forget to save a copy instead of writing the color photo in case you don’t remember the dramatic effect as well. Below we have mentioned the steps to Convert Images to Black and White in Windows.
How to Create a Black and White Image in Windows 11
Take B&W pictures using the Photos app
- Open the photo in the application “Photos.”
- Click on the “Edit and create” and then “Change”.
- Select the Filters tab, and on the right, select Vanilla to give a black and white effect.
- Click save copy, and the photo will be ready.
Picsart photo editor
- To make a black and white picture on Picsart, launch the application and click on Editor. Now upload the image you want to edit.
- Click on Adjust and it will open the options. Reduce the Saturation level to -100% and your colored picture will turn black and white.
- You can then adjust the other features to improve your picture.
Adobe photoshop express
- Also download, install and launch the Adobe Photoshop Express.
- Click on the Filter icon and then select the B&W Section.
- This section has many options like- Faced B&W, 60s TV Grab, HiContrastBW, Infrared, Pinhole, Sepia, White Mist, Antique, Selenium, and Green Filter.
- Try these filters on your picture and see what suits them best.
We hope that our article on how to convert a picture to B&W on Windows 11 will help you and solve all your problems. Many of us consider black and white photos to be a relic of the past. However, sometimes an image without color can show much more detail than an image with colors. If you want to know how to make a Black and White Image in Windows, follow the steps mentioned above.
I hope you understand this article, How to Convert Images to Black and White in Windows 11.